Another gun choice - I can't decide!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not heard of that bebo, self opener !!! Be handy on a game day. ?

not heard of that bebo, self opener !!! Be handy on a game day. ?
Slightly disconcerting when it happens and once it's  happened once you're on tenterhooks waiting for it to happen again.  Mine's a old gun, wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot of cartridges through it over the years, so the cost of a new crossbolt to sort it out wasn't unreasonable.

It doesn't get used much these days, so I don't expect it'll happen again while the gun is in my ownership. 

If you want a gun that is similar to your  Krieghoff ... almost the same in fact I think the Kriegohoff is a copy try and find a good Remington 3200

I've not known anyone with a Remington that did not have ongoing trigger problems - which may not be all that easily resolved in the UK

I only know one person with a DT thing and he seems quite happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies everyone. 

Deapite my apparent lean towards the Blaser in my list above, I went to view a DT10 this morning. 

It is 9 years old, and genuinely looks brand new! Mint condition. 

Needless to say, with the 32" barrels, adjustable comb and a leftie, I have left a deposit on it and will be picking it up next week. 

Pics to follow.... 

Thanks again everyone. 

Sounds like a good buy. I've done a similar thing and gone for a DT 10. I was advised to check out the cross bolt which should be sticking out a bit from the action when closed. If it is flush then the gun has seen a fair bit of action but the cross bolt can be sorted.

I would also get the seller to drop the trigger out for you and have a look at the mechanism. It should be in a fairly clean state with no gunk or rust.

Good luck with it.

Sounds like a good buy. I've done a similar thing and gone for a DT 10. I was advised to check out the cross bolt which should be sticking out a bit from the action when closed. If it is flush then the gun has seen a fair bit of action but the cross bolt can be sorted.

I would also get the seller to drop the trigger out for you and have a look at the mechanism. It should be in a fairly clean state with no gunk or rust.

Good luck with it.
Checked those exact things this morning. But like I say, it looks like it's barely shot 1000 cartridges. Amazing condition!

here's the photo from the dealers website....

IMG_0638.JPG

Wow looks in great condition and from what I can see of the wood that appears excellent too!

In this condition I expect you won't have any issues with the cross bolt soon.

In fact, I don't expect any issue at all :D

Hope it suits you well!

Latest posts

Back