Alternative cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, when I used to shoot DTL many years ago, during a major such as the bywell weekend you couldn't move in the hotel rooms for cartridges propped on top of radiators.

In the days of paper carts damp would be a problem too, not so much of an issue with modern carts I don't think. My carts are stored on shelves at a fairly constant room temperature. Used to carry my comp rifle ammo in an insulated box.

Know your kit peeps....respect your kit....look after your kit ...if you want the best from it.... Simples :wink:

.....true story.

So true - just a heads up - tonight we had a storm here  - flooded my house (never happened before - in 100 years or so...bless the 21 st century) -  submerged up to half for a couple of hours...

22027160.jpg

...put all the cartridges on the table to dry out...wonder will they fire at the end?

22027161.jpg

P.S. Stor your ammo as high as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flooding is heartbreaking . Hope you get it dry soon.

...was the last competition of the year today...Parcour Fitasc setting - didn't have the nerve to pick the torpedos batch (those are mostly Cheddite's Mach 3 Free Shots and Hull's Sovereigns) - got myself some fresh DRY Pro One's (note to myself - shooting just one shell makes wonders)...anyway found the time to shoot some of the "snotty" ones  - all went BANG as usual (barrels looked like chimney tho, suppose some additional grilling over the winter should do the trick). Am happy :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back