Alternative cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Ive had a bit of trouble recently getting my preferred cartridge from my usual stockist

Normally i shoot  Gamebore Evo 24G in fibre, I asked them if they had an alternative in 24g  that was similar to the Evo,

They recommended Hull Profibre in 24g,  As i wasn't to sure, i chanced it and too a box of 25

As a backup i visited another stockist and manage to grab a slab of Lyalvale  Express High Velocity 24g fibres

(Ive shot the plaswad version before, and found it to be a good cartridge)

Today i went for a practice with the youngest and some other family members came too

Weather today was windy , so it made a lot of the birds very unpredictable .

Added to the mix, my instructor wanted me to shoot the springing Teal Gun down...

First up was the Profibre,   

Recoil was lower, almost like shooting a 21g load,   soft, but  got some good breaks at the extremes  L & R where the wind was taking  the clays 

All in all A nice cartridge, definitely one to add to the pool, if i ever have problems with the Evo's again,.

Next was the Lyalvales.    

Slightly more punchy than the Gamebores, but ever so capable   high tower, going away  crosser  all managed breaks

So now i have  3 carts in the stable

Hull PF

Gamebore Evo

Lyalvale Express

Have to say the Hull's were a surprise,     next up will be a slab for a bigger trial

:santa:

You know I usually use Gamebore Evo 24g plastic but a while ago had to choose a replacement and chose Hull Inter comp HV 24g plastic and really liked them so I use either now.

I have been testing the Fiocchi F-Blacks and I am seriously impressed with them...have a try if you get chance.

Last edited:
+1 for Tinker Bells comment, I'm a total fiocchi convert and love the F-blu's, however the blacks I tried were awesome, slightly smoother and slightly less felt recoil! People can't believe the breaks I get with the 24g loads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been testing the Fiocchi F-Blacks and I am seriously impressed with them...have a try if you get chance.
I love the f blues and got on well with the f blacks, found the f blues smoother but I'm a bit of a wuss sometimes!!

I'm using superb 8's for an all round cartridge skeet/sporting but they do leave my gun messy, I use then because I've found that they cycle well through my plastic gun

I'd recommend the official team sporting amazing shell ,

Has any one tryed the armusa gold serials ?

Been using them and what a cartridge! Lovely and smooth , hard hitting with brilliant breaks, found can get em through southdown ! Worth a go !!

That's good to know using hull intercomp 24g I wasn't having neck issues so going to stick to 24g from now on going get a slab of F blacks/blues to try might grab some HV also.

Maybe it is just the group that I shoot with and myself, but we tried a mixture of F blues and TT1's some 500 in all, each. I have found the performance to be equal to the Superfarts that we normally use, BUT hell are they dirty in comparison. These have all been stored indoors together, they are all plastic wads. Guns used were backbored Miroku, standard Beretta 391's and a Beretta 303. With the Hull, I have not had to use any cleaning solvent at all in the past 2 years. Using the Fiocchi's, I am having to use solvent constantly, after each outing.  

I shoot thousands of the Fiocchi every year...clean as a whistle. Only gets the fluffy rod through. No need for anything else.

24grm F-Black today were awesome....really impressed. We (Berkshire) won the OT Inter-counties after a shoot off with Essex. I had 21 in final. Took the ladies as well. I think these could become a new favourite for me. Soft as anything.

(And I hate OT)

:wink:

Last edited:
OOoo! 24grm blacks sounds interesting look forward to trying them maybe first barrel and as for dirty barrels never had the slightest issue always clean as a whistle which suits me considering i clean my gun about once a year :spiteful:

Tinker

been telling you about black for ages..

Just bally well saying :)

24 g are very soft and very hard hitting The best fioccho load I have tried

I shoot thousands of the Fiocchi every year...clean as a whistle. Only gets the fluffy rod through. No need for anything else.

24grm F-Black today were awesome....really impressed. We (Berkshire) won the OT Inter-counties after a shoot off with Essex. I had 21 in final. Took the ladies as well. I think these could become a new favourite for me. Soft as anything.

(And I hate OT)

Well done Nicola looks as though i may be in for a hiding to nothing Thursday :fie: Just hope Gnasher doesn't turn up to gloat :spiteful:

(And I hate OT)

Any problems with plastic fowling ? It seems to be the bain of my shooting life. Am considering going fibre only soley to avoid plastic streaking.

Back