Accessories that have transformed your shooting..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go for some of that redistributed wealth - - - - just sayin'

Proper glasses and hearing protection gotta be close to the top of the list

Oh, and a Perazzi, of course.  Do that pretty soon and save yourself all the agonies of the intervening POS's

Undoubtedly blue cartridges, I tried red ones and went downhill rapidly !!

Seriously though I would suggest decent glasses, good gunfit, consistent gunmount whch of course you can't buy.

Biggest potential waste of money, the hundreds of different makes of multichoke available, there ain't a lot of difference between any of them.

Vic.

My fully adjustable ISIS X Pad - For someone with sloping shoulders and a relatively high gun mount, I always struggled with not being able to get enough drop at heel, but this is no longer the problem.

In terms of gun fit and my gun mount, it has made me feel a lot more comfortable. Before I would have only have half the pad on my shoulder, whereas know I can have the full pad.

And David and Debbie @ Recoil Systems (ISIS Makers) were fantastic at answering all questions I had, as well as offering a fantastic service!

Isis pad is without doubt the best £50 you will ever spend. 

Excellent, will look into ISIs pads, do they fit them?

I have to agree with purple lenses, gave helped me much more than the other shades I tried.

Aside from my coaches and gun,an actual accessory - hands down,prescription Rangers from Ed Lyons.

Without doubt my PFS. They may cost more than most people's guns but, when it comes to recoil reduction and achieving perfect gunfit, they're a godsend.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have to agree with purple lenses, gave helped me much more than the other shades I tried.
​Yes they can, for a nominal charge - or at least they did. Just had a look on their site and no longer see this being an option.  (IIRC, the deal was that you would use a pen to mark your gun's shape on the pad and they would do the cutting.)  The chap who makes them is really helpful and the pads themselves are excellent.  I've fitted a couple myself but it's a hard afternoon's work, fitting, removing material, testing the fit, then removing more.  Can be done but I'd leave it to an expert next time.

http://www.recoilsystems.com/

​Yes they can, for a nominal charge - or at least they did. Just had a look on their site and no longer see this being an option.  (IIRC, the deal was that you would use a pen to mark your gun's shape on the pad and they would do the cutting.)  The chap who makes them is really helpful and the pads themselves are excellent.  I've fitted a couple myself but it's a hard afternoon's work, fitting, removing material, testing the fit, then removing more.  Can be done but I'd leave it to an expert next time.

http://www.recoilsystems.com/
I have just had them do another one for me. They did the profiling and sent it back to me. Good job, but not cheap.

I have just had them do another one for me. They did the profiling and sent it back to me. Good job, but not cheap.
I have hosted emailed them, they are not too far from me so hopefully they might fit amd set up for me, fingers crossed... I am not the most practical person!

What I (and several others) have, is a full mechanical recoil reducer...it's brilliant and about £200 plus getting it fitted.

The next best thing, is the thickest X-Pad you can fit.  This is layers of special materials, that significantly dissipate recoil.

Have a look at the website.

good glasses, I have ranger xlw and custom fitted ear plugs.  For thirty years I wore ear defenders or horrible foam ear plugs, the molded ones are so comfortable.  I had an isis green pad, couldn't get on with it, just felt funny, went back to a kickeeze.   

I have found that a young blonde girl with big melons with me, is the ultimate accessory :angel:  

Last edited by a moderator:
My best buy, was a set of coloured Biro's , a pencil, an eraser, and some tip_ex. They have totally transformed my scores.
​what do you call a man from Norfolk that shoots a Zabala....................................................a cheat  :lol:

For me the evo comp and the 46n purple lens have been awesome, rarely use any other lense now, and the stock is set perfectly even after losing loads of weight at the beginning of the year!

Latest posts

Back