Accessories that have transformed your shooting..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

As a novice, the amount of shooting accessories available is mind blowing and I am sure that many of them are nothing but snake oil.

Which, if any, would you recommend?

You know, Snakes DO actually produce oil...all this Snake Oil stuff is a Red Herring.

Before they shed their skin (actually, top layer of scales), they produce an oil underneath that helps loosen the scales....You can tell, as their skin dulls and their eyes (which are covered by a scale) turn a milky blue colour, as the oil collects between the eye and the scale, known as "in blue".

What works?  Being able to see properly...any doubt about your vision should be a priority.

Then I and other people find that a purple lens, helps bring out the clay, in sporting environments...very much so.

Don't know about transformed but I wouldn't want to give back my PFS stock, it's been worth the money. Can we talk about the accessories that haven't stood the test of time ? I'll have me £350 quid back for the Hydefs in a heart beat. 

Yes, no magic bullet unfortunately. For me, it's about having nothing irritating you (other than ones own lack of talent). So, get just enough stuff to make sure everything does what you want and is not causing you stress or distraction. A decent bag to carry and organise your stuff is a good start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of my eye dom problem a little bit of opaque tape the diameter of a ten cent piece in the right place on the left hand lens of my shooting specs has really helped me. Another thing that has really helped my shooting has bee advice from the good folks on here! I started trap shooting about two and a half years back did not have a clue about how to improve and after gleaning valuable info from the tarpies on here have seen my scores go from seven right through to 25... not enough of those though!

Getting proper prescription shooting glasses was the best investment I made in my shooting. Can't see well, you can't shoot well. After that it's gun fit and coaching.

I do have a nice gunslip. The cheap one U had wore through and damaged my barrels. That's worth an investment.

Don't know about transformed but I wouldn't want to give back my PFS stock, it's been worth the money. 
Yeah, almost forgot about my ISIS. Reoil reduction is an amazing help...I wouldn't be without it. Less fatigue, faster acquisition of 2nd target...brilliant.

And, hopefully fewer shoulder and back issues in 20 years time...recoil can't be good for you, over long periods.

Good boots and weatherproof clothing.

Hearing protection that actually works. Ditto for eye protection or sight enhancement if needed.

A good bag for all the bits and pieces that seem to come along for the ride.

Recoil reduction, like ISIS for example.

A good sense of humour - probaly the one thing that a lot of shooters sadly lack at times!

Prescription lens glasses and great advice from Ed Lyons.

Full Isis system and great advice from Dave Izzard.

Some good tuition.

Adjustable comb.

Looking for one of these to get to muddy shoots!

White_MB_ML_63_AMG_(W166)_fl.jpg

Careful. Some on here will frown upon your demonstration of wealth and will want it re-distributed to the less fortunate.

Bollocks to them. I am buying one of these too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought long and hard and I can't think of a single thing.

I once tried a gun with an 'easy hit' type bead (Big green glowing thing) That transformed my shooting - From crap to really crap.

It just took my eye all the time.

You can have that back i said and take that monstrosity off and you might hit something as well.

Does this count??????????????

I once tried a gun with an 'easy hit' type bead (Big green glowing thing) That transformed my shooting - From crap to really crap.

It just took my eye all the time.

You can have that back i said and take that monstrosity off and you might hit something as well.

Does this count??????????????
Pmsl 

without doubt the most helpful accessory I have ever  used regularly in my shooting,is Money, it gets me entries into all the shoots I want to do I would be lost without it!!!

Latest posts

Back