692 vs mk38 grade 5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank pp pick mine up in three weeks can't wait to get back out there what's the evo like 
I love the Evo, but I think more than anything it's because I am used to it and it has been fit to me, would definitely recommend them for the money.  I tried a friends DT11L between Christmas and New Year and that was nice too, but as I will never shoot at the Olympics I would take the Evo and the change.  I have been lucky enough to try a few guns of friends over the last year and I can't find one I prefer to 690ii.  With the benefit of hindsight I should have bought 690 at the outset and just use one gun for everything (although feels a bit vulgar at game shoots compared to sxs)..

I love the Evo, but I think more than anything it's because I am used to it and it has been fit to me, would definitely recommend them for the money.  I tried a friends DT11L between Christmas and New Year and that was nice too, but as I will never shoot at the Olympics I would take the Evo and the change.  I have been lucky enough to try a few guns of friends over the last year and I can't find one I prefer to 690ii.  With the benefit of hindsight I should have bought 690 at the outset and just use one gun for everything (although feels a bit vulgar at game shoots compared to sxs)..
thanks for the information hopefully mine will be just as nice 

hang on one minute you are asking about shells and chokes as a newbie the next you are telling us your Beratta is "Awesome" based on what.

wait till its been back to GMK a few times and you have experienced there "customer service"

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hang on one minute you are asking about shells and chokes as a newbie the next you are telling us your Beratta is "Awesome" based on what.

wait till its been back to GMK a few times and you have experienced there "customer service"

shootclay_wink.png
and who are you talking about here

Tonky, Schmokinn is quoting PP's comment about Beretta.

On all of the threads about gun brands we will always get personal views and experiences.

I often ( probably every opportunity) rubbish Krieghoffs . Why? Because I have had numerous bad experiences owning them and frankly I think they are vastly overpriced and overrated. But Ed Solomons and Ben Husthwaite have had wonderful experiences with them and wouldn't use anything else.

Brian Clegg , Barry Simpson and many others would not use anything except Beretta.

I have had over forty years sterling service from Miroku, in fact despite buying many other brands and various Miroku I still favour one particular one that I have had for more than thirty years.

It is often recommended to try many before you buy and that is sound advice in deed, but despite well meaning friends , sound advice and a lucky first time buy , we all of us will have the itch to buy something new. Good luck to everyone who does, may your next purchase be the 'perfect gun'.

One thing I do not quite understand at the moment is Beretta model choice???? Far too many options to confuse and take peoples eye off the ball, and Caesar Guerini seem to be going the same way?

Beretta in Brescia certainly need to do quality audits .

I was told you only need to change gun if it don't fit !    gun sales are massive because of people like me  after that majic wand , well it aint happened yet ,  you have to accept your skill level  and try to improve .    same with after sales chokes  ,  after all they are a measured tube   can one be so much better than another ?     

Shot a friends 692 didn't like it at all.........and iv shot berettas the last 20 years. Personally I'd hold out and buy a used DT10 

What about that new fabarm that peeps are talking about on another thread. Lots of toys for £1495

Here we go again, people changing reality to suit a comment they fancy making..

Yes I'm new, I have been shooting a year, but I have shot many guns in that time for clays,  driven game and rough shooting.  The Beretta is a great gun and performs very well for me, I am perfectly at Liberty to express how I feel thanks

The questions I asked about cartridges were how test them and whether it was worth sticking with one brand, not a 'what cartridge thread' that everyone is so keen to bemoan whether it occurred or not...

i haven't asked about chokes..

And GMK were fantastic when I ordered my 690iii  with a small special request their customer service seems awesome too...

So .... Keep Schmokin.... (Seemingly the plastic wrapper)

(And incidentally, the 3rd person I know had to send their 725 back at the weekend so that 3/3 or 100% failure rate.. )

Here we go again, people changing reality to suit a comment they fancy making..

Yes I'm new, I have been shooting a year, but I have shot many guns in that time for clays,  driven game and rough shooting.  The Beretta is a great gun and performs very well for me, I am perfectly at Liberty to express how I feel thanks

The questions I asked about cartridges were how test them and whether it was worth sticking with one brand, not a 'what cartridge thread' that everyone is so keen to bemoan whether it occurred or not...

i haven't asked about chokes..

And GMK were fantastic when I ordered my 690iii  with a small special request their customer service seems awesome too...

So .... Keep Schmokin.... (Seemingly the plastic wrapper)

(And incidentally, the 3rd person I know had to send their 725 back at the weekend so that 3/3 or 100% failure rate.. )
you stated the gun was awesome not you thought it was awesome..to me very different things.

if you had stated i think/i feel then it would have been a statement of that not an unequivocal statement.

i know of many others that have been sent back the 3 i mentioned i know personally...my a400 was sent back twice and GMK's service was sh*te at the 3rd attempt they supplied me with the incorrect length barrel and i gave up.

everybody i know personally that has dealt with GMK has had sh*t service,i guess you were lucky...there has to be one.

these are all facts not opinions,hearsay or beliefs.

hiding behind your keyboard casting aspersions about me is really a bit sad.

you do seem to love that word awesome!

Hhhhhm .. saying something is awesome and thinking it is awesome is the same thing...

And awesome was used latterly tongue in cheek..

Hardly hiding or casting aspersions, just responding in kind..

What is sad is your perennial attempt to hijack genuine questions and answers in an attempt to gain recognition, I won't humour you any further, this will be my last comment on the matter, good bye!

Hhhhhm .. saying something is awesome and thinking it is awesome is the same thing...

And awesome was used latterly tongue in cheek..

Hardly hiding or casting aspersions, just responding in kind..

What is sad is your perennial attempt to hijack genuine questions and answers in an attempt to gain recognition, I won't humour you any further, this will be my last comment on the matter, good bye!
the original question was mk38 or 692 have given my opinions which and why

responding in kind...my arse has more chance of reponding in kind

if thinking and saying were the same thing we would all be hearing each others thoughts

you may notice when people post something tongue in cheek they give an indication as such..don't think we have any mind readers

gain recocgnition!!  i couldn't give a f*** who recognises me..think this has been well proved in the past

goodbye....awesome

Back