692 vs mk38 grade 5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MK38 grd5......best value gun on the market! I've had several over the years, never had a failure on one, very reliable, great handling and look fantastic. 

So I'm looking at a beretta 690 grade 3 sport deluxe and the miroku mk38 grade 5 is the same price which one would you choose both new guns 

100% miroku!  if you buy a new Beretta there is a very good chance you will regret it. i know 4 people who have bought 692's and 3 have been back more than once.

Hi, myself, son, daughter and son in law have had Berretta's for year's of all shape's and model's second hand plus new and can honestly say that none of us have had a single problem. In fact we would never contemplate having anything else.

The feeling is that quality control has declined at Beretta.  There have been more reports of problems on here with new model Berettas than previously.  This is not to say that there are not good new guns about but just a bit more prone to teething problems than previously and the 692, as the replacement for the 682 Gold E, is a high seller.  The reports are on here if you care to search.

gun fit is most important,you can go for whichever make you like or believe to be the most reliable but if it does not fit then you might as well throw stones at the clays.i have read a few posts on the 692 having a few niggles and this seems to have dammed the whole range of beretta guns.all makers will have failures and it stands to reason if you make more than anyone else you will get more fails,its just averages.i have a few beretta's and apart from a dt10 that developed a double discharge all have been faultless.the dt was sorted by gmk in just over a week free of charge by fitting a new safety/selector unit.buy a gun that fits this may not even be one of the makes you have mentioned.

The feeling is that quality control has declined at Beretta.  There have been more reports of problems on here with new model Berettas than previously.  This is not to say that there are not good new guns about but just a bit more prone to teething problems than previously and the 692, as the replacement for the 682 Gold E, is a high seller.  The reports are on here if you care to search.
Someone I know who has this problem which happened only recently to a very new gun and its not even like the owner neglected it either!!!

ips, you are Beretta biased.

There really should be no debate , a Miroku MK38 is far better than ANY shooter ever will be. It WILL do everything a gun is supposed to do.
The sad truth is that nearly ANY gun is better than any shooter will ever be.

If you haven't shot the guns you're considering buying you have absolutely no ref for the decision.  What other people think will seldom break any targets for you.

besta luck

i have eight guns...the only one that has been a problem was  a new a400 xcel beretta,,,first barrel choke screw thread at an angle,first replacement barrel massive machining marks that could have been read by a blind man and i discovered when trading it the other day that they had then given me a replacement in 30" instead of 32".

so yay go GMK....go Beretta absolute joke!

can't see me ever buying a post 2010 beretta ever again...sh*t quality control and extra sh*t customer service.

and the crowning glory when at the beretta world in 2014 the gunsmith from Gmk diagnised a fault but refused to take the gun back to gmk 5 miles down the road forcing me to make 2 60mile round trips and lose my gun for 3 weeks....absolute tossers!!

There are, it would seem, "issues" with Beretta on both sides of the Atlantic. Apparently the switchable ejector/extractor device has a habit of becoming prematurely defunct, and I am astonished to read that it partially relies on rubber O rings. I did have minor issues with my semi auto last year (sorry about that for you anti-auto-attack-dogs out there) when it arrived minus a trigger group pin retaining spring and the foresight disappeared the third time I took it out, but GMK wer quite good about the spring. For some reason I ended up buying a new foresight...

But it's not just the perceived quality in terms of reliability that puts me off them. It's the fact that if I lay my 20-odd year old Beretta 686 Special (which is unfortunately a little too light for clays) against a new 6** the old one has a massively better build quality. The wood is much nicer, and hasn't been overlaid with transfers of real walnut. It hasn't been laser enhanced or dyed or faffed about with, just oiled. The metal components fit together nicely; when you draw your finger across the trigger guard tang under the action it doesn't have a sharp edge protruding by several thou, and when you close the gun it has the satisfactory noise of a mechanical device that's been made to fine tolerances. The new ones are by comparison completely crude;  examine one of the black actioned 690 models and Beretta have finished it more akin to a Sten gun than a sporter. Rubber inserts on the top lever (or erzatz rubber at any rate) married with orange paint on the logo do nothing to instil a sense of owning a quality item.

I must say the customer service at GMK was OK to me, but others obviously disagree. What a shame John Lewis don't sell guns!

Older berettas are great, newer ones are very iffy. You can get lucky but shouldn't need luck on a gun like that. I'd never recommend someone to buy new beretta now there are better guns for the same/less money available.

Older berettas are great, newer ones are very iffy. You can get lucky but shouldn't need luck on a gun like that. I'd never recommend someone to buy new beretta now there are better guns for the same/less money available.
would you go for the miroku mk38 grade 5 instead same price or a browning??

You guys are making me change my mind about getting a 690 grade 3 sport deluxe 
Don't, they are excellent, I have just bought the field and it's awesome, I wanted one 12 months ago but couldn't justify the extra cash over the Evo E but now 'needing' a field ou for larger Cartridges post Christmas as opposed to sxs I couldn't be happier, I liked the mk38 grade 5 but far too heavy for field use.  If I was to replace my Evo (which I won't, it's great) then 690 III sport would top of my list.  Seems to be a lot of anti Beretta sentiment sometimes, but weirdly not anti Browning, both of my friends that bought 725 have had no end of issues ( made by miroku) 

Don't, they are excellent, I have just bought the field and it's awesome, I wanted one 12 months ago but couldn't justify the extra cash over the Evo E but now 'needing' a field ou for larger Cartridges post Christmas as opposed to sxs I couldn't be happier, I liked the mk38 grade 5 but far too heavy for field use.  If I was to replace my Evo (which I won't, it's great) then 690 III sport would top of my list.  Seems to be a lot of anti Beretta sentiment sometimes, but weirdly not anti Browning, both of my friends that bought 725 have had no end of issues ( made by miroku) 
thank pp pick mine up in three weeks can't wait to get back out there what's the evo like 

In this case I'd go miroku am not a fan of the 725 or Brownings in general personally.

Back