4 / 5 January....to get wet or not to get wet...?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not come to Greenfield's and shoot some registered targets?
We got a new puppy four weeks ago and can't leave her more than a couple of hours, so we'll have to stick close to home for a few more weeks. Have fun though.

Probably go just up the road to 4C's for some practice. :bb:
Good idea!

Get half as wet in half the time for half the price of a 100 birder!

Forecast looks reasonable up until noon, then carp thereafter so please be warned - may close a bit earlier than usual.

Will be braving the elements at Oakedge and if not too wet and cold Garlands on the way back, at least there are some stands undercover so some way round I can stay dry!

Had my eyes looked at today by Ed! I still have two so all is good! :)

Will be braving the elements at Oakedge and if not too wet and cold Garlands on the way back, at least there are some stands undercover so some way round I can stay dry!

Ditto with the shooting schedule & the way I've been shooting lately I think I better arrange an appointment with Ed too

Two is good....looking in different directions at the same time not so.........

Have decided after the wheels so spectacularly fell off today at the kent selection shoot I will now play cricket for England instead. :fie:   :fie:    

Had a pleasant shoot on a gusty Isle of Wight, getting a 70, not Reg so won't help the old CPSA average (currently 63 ish) but pleased with the majority of how I did, bit of a meltdown on one stand where the trap broke down, was on 4/4, trap broke, finished on 4/10....wally!!!

High Gun was 82 when I left so not too displeased....

How did the rest of you get on?

Had a pleasant shoot on a gusty Isle of Wight, getting a 70, not Reg so won't help the old CPSA average (currently 63 ish) but pleased with the majority of how I did, bit of a meltdown on one stand where the trap broke down, was on 4/4, trap broke, finished on 4/10....wally!!!

High Gun was 82 when I left so not too displeased....

How did the rest of you get on?
Well done (mostly :) )

Went to Barrow Heath for 86. 'Could have been 90'.. See separate thread.

Shot two 48's at four counties but same as you Jen it wasn't a reg! Got high gun after a shoot off so came home better off than when I went

Have decided after the wheels so spectacularly fell off today at the kent selection shoot I will now play cricket for England instead. :fie:   :fie:
What happened? And it does happen to everyone, especially when you don't want it to!

Managed to card a 40 on the first 50 at 4C's had only dropped 4 til the last stand and dropped 6 on this one stand :banghead:  then only 36 on the second round :fie:  , still 76% not so bad. :)

Stayed at home, still smarting from the Stratstone Tower!

Will be at OLSS next Saturday for practice, then Gunsite on Sunday.

Shot at Stag and Hounds - only 15 minutes from me and never knew it was there! Just like the good old days - plenty of laughing and joking and not taking things too seriously. Hit 67/80 but definitely not a good warm up shoot before the Strathstone, might have to get to the Churchill Challenge on Thursday for some serious shooting.

Had a great round at Oakedge this morning came in with 85 four clays missed in the final pair so could have been a little better if I hadn't been a numpty hanging onto final clays! Still I can't change that now will try to fix this next shoot!

Second shoot at Garlands not such a success came in with 71 but not as bad as my last visit! Had one really bad stand and the rest pretty average. Enjoyed the course and should have done a better job in hindsight!

All in all happy with today's shooting and even stayed dry throughout!

Latest posts

Back