26th & 27th Oct....how did everyone get on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gareth - we'll have to get the passports out and come over that bridge one day! (thing is though, my ex wife lives there, and I'm a bit scared...)  :fie:

Depends where she lives Tony as we can always by pass that area :spiteful:  and sneak you over so she don't know :spiteful:

Don't beat yourself up Gareth, the weather was bleak with targets going up and down and traps breaking down all over the place. get your head down on the going away stuff and you will get another 15 on your score. Nice to shoot with you today mate.
Cheers Stew just a little annoying to bugger up that 4th stand and then shoot a bloody 8/10 on the two orange in the lane on stand 10 which were also going away ! but was happy to keep my head down and shoot that long crosser and orange crosser on report that seemed to catch a lot out on stand 6 well,  but as you said wind played havoc with a lot of stuff and the 3 breakdowns took a bit off the flow of the shoot .

Well shot today everybody. :good:

Just can't seem to get on with this mircuckoo, :bb:   another dropper today, looks like I will have to get the B gun out again.

Just can't seem to get on with this mircuckoo, :bb:   another dropper today, looks like I will have to get the B gun out again.
Don't. hang in there and keep shooting the 32" for at least 6 months.

Chin up Tiptop you can't expect to just carry on where you left off with the B gun for one you have to get use to shooting with longer tubes it's a different set of rules there bud and it will take a bit of time to get used to them, I shot mine for a year before I even made any alterations to chokes etc other than getting the stock fitted correctly . If you go back to the B gun and start chopping and changing you will do yourself no favours there buddy you just have to stick at it and shoot the 32" try shooting some skeet with it to just get the gun moving and seeing the different sight picture

lord tipper keep smiling as you will soon start seeing a picture with the new gun bud....more times you pull the trigger the better..if i was to give you any advice i would say shoot birds only and enjoy ya shooting mate for a couple of months  :hunter: and then kick ass  :money: good luck mate

Went to Kibworth today.

Did some practise at sporting, then did my first ever round at fitasc with some guys I met at the club.

Unfortunately the sun was directly in our faces whih made things a little difficult, but it was great fun, and the first time I've shot with other shooters! Going to meet next Sunday to do it all again! :)

So, my score?! A measly 8 out of 25!! But to be honest, I'm glad I hit anything for my first mini comp! It's all a learning curve anyway?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did extremely poorly even by my standards at southdown and Horne. The wind was very strong and the targets were of course presenting differently each time and I did have trouble staying upright at times - still had fun though.

39 from 70 esp at Willow Farm yesterday.

Normanhurst Estate today.  34 from 50 esp and my second ever attempt at DTL - 30 from 75 points.

Wind made it all entertaining.

Sounds like everyone had a fun day even if not one to remember...except Teepee...the things you do to beat Jason eh!!

Still as someone said...always better to be out shooting than not.... :hunter:

lord tipper keep smiling as you will soon start seeing a picture with the new gun bud....more times you pull the trigger the better..if i was to give you any advice i would say shoot birds only and enjoy ya shooting mate for a couple of months :hunter: and then kick ass :money: good luck mate
Or.. Realise that your Beretta was perfect for you; that a different gun is just that - different - and will inevitably take a load of relearning just to get to where you were before? There is no shame in just saying 'that was interesting' and selling the thing before you find that you can't shoot either of them!
Sorry to sound dour, but I did all this with a K80 years ago and it just arrested my progress..

Last edited by a moderator:
Or.. Realise that your Beretta was perfect for you; that a different gun is just that - different - and will inevitably take a load of relearning just to get to where you were before? There is no shame in just saying 'that was interesting' and selling the thing before you find that you can't shoot either of them!

Sorry to sound dour, but I did all this with a K80 years ago and it just arrested my progress..
On a similar note I went to my local club yesterday for a round of sporting so took my old Mirook trap gun and left the Perazzi at home (as I usually shoot sporting OK with the Mirook). On arrival i find out that the schedule has been changed and it was Skeet and DTL so shoot a couple of rounds of DTL. Big mistake. Although it was bloody breezy and the targets were moving all over the place I just couldn't find any consistency as the gun just didn't feel right at all when compared to my MX8. Two inches shorter in the barrel, shorter in the stock, about a pound lighter, different POI, different tripper pulls, etc, etc.

Still a lovely gun mind, just must remember to not shot trap with it!!

DT

Latest posts

Back