23 / 24 November....who, where & how many...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started day at keston on a tricky course shot 81 moved onto horne and shot a steady 87! Kicked myself as dropped 5 on my last stand !!! Was 1 in wood up on tower with a low fast crosser and mini teal, teal was find just couldn't find crosser. Wrecked my card:(

81 at Cambridge GC, was pleased with that, it was a challenging but excellent shoot. On the squad of 6 shooters I can't recall one no bird or a trap breakdown.

Great variety of targets , sum of which were very testing but even if you could not get on them were usually paired with a more moderate bird.

So, went to sporting targets for the first time on Saturday. Has sone practice and explored a little.

I then went on to shoot a 60 bird sporting at Northampton ground (Sywell). Shot 37. Quite please with that! :)

This morning, went to Kibworth as usual, and shot 30 out of 50 on sporting, then did a round of fitasc and got 17 out of 25. Then finally shot a round of Compack and got a poor 11!! :-(

All in all though, a good weekend (for me anyway!).

Officially 3 months into my clay shooting hobby this weekend too! :)

Had a more relaxed weekend, no shooting Saturday.

Today went round Westfield and managed a joint second with 89 ex 120 for my last placing in C class joint second Phew. I felt like I am getting back to where I was a few weeks ago.

Looking forward to B class next weekend and seeing how I get on!

Oh think that most of SC crew were at Westfield today at some point, it looked like a bus full of us arrived for kick off! :)

Shot a very tasty 120 targets at Westfield with the lads..teepee, shortlegs, sleepyhollow, tiptop, jason, robo, ken,...great company cheers lads....

ended on a not too shabby 93...

great too see loads from on here aspire . calamity, k80 and more..

Shot a very tasty 120 targets at Westfield with the lads..teepee, shortlegs, sleepyhollow, tiptop, jason, robo, ken,...great company cheers lads....

ended on a not too shabby 93...

great too see loads from on here aspire . calamity, k80 and more..
+1 but for operator error on a few stands so ended on 81 but not disappointed as felt good enjoyed the day and the company.. !

shot valley view first thing shot a 71, taking to long to shot each stand as there was a lot of crowds and a few stands where you had to score yourself  :fie: ,then raced to westfield to shoot the 120 sporting good shot there today managed a 90/120 missing a few silly ones.roll on next weekend.

The wheels fell off yesterday and I only managed 30 from 70. Slightly redeemed myself today with 31 from 50, but had a shocker of a first stand so should have been better.

I got to cambridge for 9am start on the sporting, realised i had only got skeet chokes and 9 shot shells shot a 98 then raced to mid norfolk only had 83 shells so i had to shoot all the simmo pairs with one shot and finished on 97 there.

Then i woke up what a lovely dream

I was visiting my Mums in Lincolnshire - so found a local club - Haven Clay Shooting Club - near Haven Bank, Coningsby.

30 bird sporting + a small DTL layout.  Took two family members who had only shot once or twice before - so it was good to introduce them to some sporting targets, 

Lovely little club - steady targets over 4 stands, but strangely all sim pairs... which meant the whole thing rattled through really quickly. 

Shot OK - but a bit distracted by helping family out - but a really enjoyable morning. 

Started at Forhill which I had never been too before and which was an open shoot and quite challenging - we both enjoyed it and it helped to have the trailer take you back up the hill afterwards - saving time to dash to Westfield where I managed 54/120 - nearly at the half way mark, getting closer.   Really enjoyed it, got to get quicker at shuffling between two birds facing in opposite directions!  

Dropped into the local straw baler (a disservice as quite a smart challenging little ground) on the way back to Naarfark on Sunday after a day on Game in Yorkshire Saturday. Shot like a muppet and somehow managed 38/50 and joint 5th overall so chuffed.

Shot Westfield yesterday, great shoot Steve! Caught out by far too many targets - please be kinder next time. Stand 3 was a killer, never found the looper but smashed all four crossers, and stand 15? how much lead did that battue need!!! Ended on a rather poor 71. Targets definitely kept us on our toes.

Then shot Valley View, better score 73 but not a particularly exciting course. Was made somewhat better after receiving a second hug in one day from the 'pin up', so not all bad.

Back