7 / 8 Dec - how have you all done?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed gunsite today. Much improved since its first ever shoot. Facilities aren't theRitz, but will do and the entry fee is sensible.

I shot with Calamity and Jason, plus my on-form mate Tony. Got a bit chilly in the breeze, but mainly because they get a big entry so there is always a bit of standing waiting to shoot, but nothing awful.

It reminded me somewhat of Wylye in parts, with use of the bank. Regulars said it was tougher than their recent shoots today and with Chris Childerhouse leading on 93 at 1pm I see that it was. Personally I thought it was perfectly balanced. A couple of easy stands are always welcome, and there were several that were pretty testing too, with the rest all being nicely medium.

I shot well in parts but cocked up on two or three stands to drop myself down to an unremarkable 82.

I will certainly return!

I agree with you Will, really enjoyed the shoot and the company of my amigo 28bore, good to see quite a few from here,Aspire,K80, Jason,Calamity,Will, and quite a few others, the rest of the Amigos tiptop,teepee,Robo and his dad Ken pitting their wits against the course even Fuzrat put in an appearance, wheels had a little wobble on the battue and rabbit at the bottom of the field 2/8 but didnt let it get to me  :eek:nthequiet:   just kept head down and moved on :hunter:  , good to have a 7 back at the front and finished on a 77 

Last edited by a moderator:
back from westfield with MadMatt and one other - saw GavB there and Toim and Wayne wandering round as we finished. 

I thought it was a pretty tough shoot - ground out a 68. 

Got to Gunsite and the husband left the money in Harrow! Bit of a panic, Calamity to the rescue xxxx (kisses for Jane not a rude word I called my husband) until husband found his chequebook at the bottom of his shooting bag. I enjoyed the challenges of Gunsite and saw a few faces I am starting to recognise. I thought I had done badly but for me I was very happy with 57/100. Again a few that should not have been lost even by me which made me realise I could have had a 60 with more effort.

Then onto Westfield which as always I enjoyed even though my 50% eluded me again as I came away with 48/100 on ESP. Lucky escape for Steve as I had issued him with a warning of a great bit smacker if I got 50%! It is only a matter of time.

Maddmatt you know my husband - Tony - he came to speak to you at Westfield at the bottom near the clubhouse. small world.

Spelling mistake eluded not alluded.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, my memory is getting bad, what is his name and what does he look like? :)

Shot the FSP at Westfield with Shootclay Admin (Matt), was a tough but very enjoyable course managed to grind a 81 which was pleasing.

OK, my memory is getting bad, what is his name and what does he look like? :)

Shot the FSP at Westfield with Shootclay Admin (Matt), was a tough but very enjoyable course managed to grind a 81 which was pleasing.
He is called Tony Hoskins tall and big and brown skinned. His conversation with you included not seeing you for a long time. He also said hello to the Welsh man Neil.

Ah ha, yes Tony, have known him for years, there was another guy I spoke to hence the confusion!

shot gunsite first thing good course today shot a 73,then raced back to hornet  another good course and a bit tough in places really enjoyed 72!

I shot hornet today Lee, like you say tough in places but great targets.finished on 82 .

Know any scores mate.

shot gunsite today and at one point it was like a shootclay meet up ..good to see you all ...and well shot welsh wizard shortlegs  :wizard: ...nice shooting with ya mate....well done everyone. :kingxmas:

Got gun out to shoot clays for the first time in months and went to Hornet. Great targets, started badly on an easy stand, shot 6/8 on most of them. Not sure I'm capable of a straight anymore. Struggled on the dropper/distant looper 2/8. End up on 69.

First time at Gunsite for me. Great to shoot around with Will, Tony and Jason. Only managed to straight one stand but more than happy finishing on a 78. Love my new recoil system, for once my shoulder didn't ache on the way home.

First time at Gunsite for me. Great to shoot around with Will, Tony and Jason. Only managed to straight one stand but more than happy finishing on a 78. Love my new recoil system, for once my shoulder didn't ache on the way home.
Well shot Jane. Apologies, didn't realise that you had done so well. Excellent!

Thought you said no shooting this weekend...errrr.....

Back