Rizzini Durability

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ole.DK

Hi out there, do any of you have experience with a Rizzini BR460 32" Sporter.

I have tried one, for me it was a joy to shoot, i also like the construction of the gun.

Some  know about the durability of this gun.

Someone in our group shoots one, only problem he had was it stuck closed once not long after he had it. He took it back to dealers and they sorted it, well I say sorted it, it opened first time for them and no problems since. 

On the other side, I tried a DT11 demo gun and as the dealer tried to break it to give it too me that was stuck fast as well, they got it open and I tried it but it was still very tight to open on the lever. So it can happen to any gun.

Just saying as you'll probably get 'I know someone who had xyz' wrong with theirs 

Tagged. Interested in this because I'm considering either the DT11 or BR460EL.

Well Doug off here and long time rizzini user is probably the one to ask.

But my own bias would pick a DT11 everytime. 

Jasper. 

In my world, a DT10 and DT11 is a cheap and poor quality copy of an ASE90, the balance point at the receiver is also too high and heavy for me, it is also a construction that is almost as old as the Brownings.
A lot in gun construction has changed since they were born.
I'm mostly into Kemen, Perazzi and old Beretta S682.
I saw the qualities and innovation a BR460 has, and gave it a try, mine handles like an MX8, and the build quality seems top notch, in my view absolutely better value for money than, for example, the DT11.

i have looked at several reviews on the rizzini  and i have been impressed ,  quality shotgun , but I've never shot one  ?   but then again i shoot a zoli z gun   so what do i know !!   😁 

In my world, a DT10 and DT11 is a cheap and poor quality copy of an ASE90, 
I don't think many would agree with that assessment. The general view is that DTs are solid, durable and long lasting premium guns.

I've no direct experience with the 460 or 440 B Rizzinis but a member on here @Doug Pinnegarshoots one and also wrote a long post about his experience having it made and fitted at the factory. One of our seriously good top shots, Arni Palmer also shoots one and he rates it highly. I know this because I asked him.

Personally I don't rate their other models with the classic Rizzini action. I have hands on experience with them and IMO they are nowhere near the quality and performance of the similarly priced Guerinis.

The Z-Gun is also one of the best in its price range, had one 30" for about 3 years for serious clay and game shooting, it does the job, I would say the BR-460 has a bit more pointability, so I can definitely recommend that you try one.
Regarding the DT-11, it is of course not fair to compare it with a gun that costs more than twice as much, I have had an ASE90 Trap from 1993, I shot all disciplines with it, I have never met or seen anything that was better made than that, you just have to know that I have had or tried everything there is of quality clay gun on the market.
For me, it is also only the BR-460 and 440 that I find interesting from Rizzini,
Been shooting with my BR-460 Sporter 32" all kinds of sporting and high game birds for over a year now, I'm a little impressed with how it performs considering it costs half the price of a Perazzi, I've haven't missed a Perazzi since I started shooting with it.

In my world, a DT10 and DT11 is a cheap and poor quality copy of an ASE90, the balance point at the receiver is also too high and heavy for me, it is also a construction that is almost as old as the Brownings.
I saw the qualities and innovation a BR460 has, and gave it a try, mine handles like an MX8, and the build quality seems top notch, in my view absolutely better value for money than, for example, the DT11.
Thought you were asking  about durability. How a gun feels and handles is down to personal taste. 

I have two dt11. Both have been faultless mechanically . Having had circa 35000 carts each through them.

The ase that I shot kicked like a donkey compared to dt11.

Jasper

Last edited by a moderator:
Don´t agree with that. The basic locking mechanism is like the SO- Series. But the DT11 has modern barrel and choke design and on of the best and fastest triggers around.

Perhaps there is a reaseon why so many athletes choose a DT11 for their sport. A friend of mine, an olympic skeet shooter, had his old DT11 for over 10 Years and shot about 150k rounds through it without any issues. He never had to detach the trigger.

But where is the great innovation in the BR460? NIce gun, so far, but great innovation? To be honest: What real great innovation can be put into a gun anymore...

I am glad to hear that you have been luckier with your DT11 than those I know and hear about here in DK.
The innovative thing about the BR460 is the interchangeable block applied to the studs against the inner side of the receiver (patented) i have never seen it on a Boss like reciver. 
And the forend iron can be tightened or loosened steplessly against the receiver with an allen key.

My first time back on the forum this year so I missed this. 

I've had my S2000 for 5 years now, north of 40k shells and no problems to report. I can only speak from my own experiences but I had a Browning 525 before and I could barely open it at times due to the top lever, then a 725 black edition where the ejectors pinged out on a flush sequence. 

It's been in for one service, not due to any faults just because I figured it was about time as it is a mechanical item.

If I was going to change the gun, it would be to a BR460. I really do like them, and they feel a step up in quality/engineering from the gun I have. I certainly don't feel the need to upgrade. I've got lovely pretty wood in a custom stock and a gun that really does look smart (in my eyes).

Latest posts

Back