Fiocchi Litespeed 26g no8 cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're happy with 8's and not recoil sensitive then go for it. I'd describe them as quite a snappy cartridge.

They can be had for a good price depending on your area.

Some people have had primer issues with them but that's not purely a litespeed issue.

PM.

For whatever reason, I couldn't get on with these cartridges at all...to the point that I exchanged the two slabs back at my local gun shop. 

They are certainly snappier than most and as someone that's not recoil sensitive, these did raise an eyebrow with me. And whilst I'm not blaming the cartridge for my misses, I'd say there were an accumulation of factors (recoil, average breaks, dropped targets) that made me return them.

I should say also that I am a Fiocchi fan and have managed very nicely with TT1, FBlu and FBlack but the Lite Speed just wasn't for me.

Also, for perspective, the difference that I personally perceive (as an average shot) is pretty small between cartridges. I don't really notice much difference in recoil but can tell better breaks between cartridges and of course, some cartridges just give you added confidence.

Hope that helps. 

Shot over 5 thousand LiteSpeed cartridges, only had 1 primer issue. Recoil is sharp but not a problem, kills on the clays are great, I would recommend them but supply seems to be getting more difficult 

Shot about 5000 too (in fibre). Personally never had a problem with them, although a mate had a misfire resulting in a stuck wad in the barrel. It was cold and hammering down with rain at the time, so the cartridge may had got damp/wet/cold.

For a practice cartridge I don't think you can beat them up to about 35 yards. Shame Fiocchi don't do them in a 7-1/2 as well. Their only downside at the moment is availability. I have 3 local stockist near me, and they're all out of stock, and could be for a while. If you can find them anywhere, buy them all.

Been using a while probably put 15k through my gun, plastic and fibre.  I dont find the recoil any different to any other cartridges ive shot a lot of, 28g F blacks, 28g Sporting 100s.

Ive not had any primer issues personally. As jonz says supply seems a bit of a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
At JC, (I know they're expensive) Superfast plastic £267!!! That's nuts. There are, IMO, better cartridges out there for less cash. Currently Fiocchi Fblu & 28g Gamebore Evo (both fibre and plastic)  are both at JC cheaper than Superfast. Litespeeds at £231, but OOS.

My mate paid £249 for a thousand Superfast fibre last week, but i did hear £65. a slab being mentioned in the foreseeable.  One lad in the trade was saying ,we will be looking at £300 a thou by dec. Not good.

My mate paid £249 for a thousand Superfast fibre last week, but i did hear £65. a slab being mentioned in the foreseeable.  One lad in the trade was saying ,we will be looking at £300 a thou by dec. Not good.
Not good for Hull sales I would say

Not good for Hull sales I would say
He was on about budget cartridges across the board, i only picked up the latter part of the conversation, but for shooters on a budget its not good news. I know a few lads limiting there shooting to 2  100 clay days a month from 4. They just shoot for the fun on a Sunday morning, but are having trouble justifying the cost. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally believe Litespeed are probably the best all round "club" cartidge on the market.

With ever increasing prices, unless money is no object, these cartridges are very capable for most disciplines, and at the lower price range.

Like any  cartridge,  you have to be confident with  them. My pal tried  Lightspeeds and did ok with  them so bought a slab. Next shoot he had a mare (by his standards) and lost confidence in them. I had shot a round with  them and was particularly impressed with the kills but I like to stick to FBlu most of the time. I do think there is something in certain barrels suiting certain cartridges though which is also a factor.  We sell Lightspeed plas for £219/thou to our clay customers by the way. Max 

I've just read that Fiocchi have bought out Express. It seems they intend to keep the UK factory open.........for now  !

Latest posts

Back