Opaque patch for shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

I have always had very independent vision in my eyes and have struggled lately with my left eye trying to take over particularly with left to right crossers.

I have resorted to cutting an approx 10mm bit of masking tape and putting on the in side of my left lens to obscure only the end of the barrel so forcing my right eye to focus on the clay. It has worked and helped.

Does anyone know of a product that can give me a neat patch on the glasses rather than my 'Blue Peter' approach.

Thanks

Absolutely - try Shotspot, they’re available in two sizes and four levels of opacification.

We have them all in stock if they’re the sort of thing you’re looking for

Ed

Absolutely - try Shotspot, they’re available in two sizes and four levels of opacification.

We have them all in stock if they’re the sort of thing you’re looking for

Ed
Thank you for such a speedy response.  

I'll order some and see how they help.

Thanks again and Happy New Year

Andy

You’re welcome - if you’d like to call the team on 01902 422096 they can assist!

Best regards

Ed

@EdLyons

An update:

I bought some Shotspot patches to see whether they were an improvement on my somewhat amateur approach.

When looking out of my left eye my original masking tape patch covered the end of the barrel with a solid patch whereas the Shotspot is a disc that just blurs the area where my left eye would try and look along the edge of the barrel; taking over from my right eye.

The Shotspot is must less obvious, has not interfered as far as I can tell, with my peripheral vision and when I focus hard on the clay with my right eye I seem to ignore the left eye completely.

Nett result seems very good and so much so I did very well at Skeet yesterday. Before from stand 3 to 5 my left eye was always competing with my right eye.

Now all I have to do is get my new gun properly fitted and the correct length spacer added to the stock instead of my temporary spacer.

Ed -  thanks for the advice.

Eye Dominance Correction for Shooters, applied to Shooting Glasses for Pigeon and Shotgun Shooting | Shotspot

@EdLyons

An update:

I bought some Shotspot patches to see whether they were an improvement on my somewhat amateur approach.

When looking out of my left eye my original masking tape patch covered the end of the barrel with a solid patch whereas the Shotspot is a disc that just blurs the area where my left eye would try and look along the edge of the barrel; taking over from my right eye.

The Shotspot is must less obvious, has not interfered as far as I can tell, with my peripheral vision and when I focus hard on the clay with my right eye I seem to ignore the left eye completely.

Nett result seems very good and so much so I did very well at Skeet yesterday. Before from stand 3 to 5 my left eye was always competing with my right eye.

Now all I have to do is get my new gun properly fitted and the correct length spacer added to the stock instead of my temporary spacer.

Ed -  thanks for the advice.

Eye Dominance Correction for Shooters, applied to Shooting Glasses for Pigeon and Shotgun Shooting | Shotspot
I got these for my son and as long as you put it in the right place (2 man job) they work really well, his scores and consistancy have improved no end

Latest posts

Back