Wylye Valley 12/5

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aspire

I'll kick this one off....

Thought it was very good layout today. A few of the targets looked fairly straight forward,but were very deceptive! There was something for everyone and a nice couple of stands to sort the men from the boys.

L/R crosser on 2,looked simple....it took 3 of the 4 from me! I then watched it take 2 from Paul Thomas,who was shooting well. Looked like it was dropping,but was actually climbing/straight,but curling away.(took a practise card out and found it)

The other was stand 8 I think,up the steps. L/R crosser,out there but showing some nice belly,also looked like it was dropping and dropped 3 of 4 here. Took the practise card to that stand and still didn't definitively find it because I had some others behind me waiting to shoot,so I shot my 4 pairs and got out. A coach and good AAA shot informed me I was shooting underneath it and he was glad he saw me do it,because he had read it the same. He stepped in and nailed them by putting the leeed straight away,rather than under.

A few silly misses here and there that were annoying,and ended on 83. I reckon there's an 88/89 there for an on form,good A shot.

Definately a good challenge out there today, Stand 7 was the one up the steps, Rising mid teal with L/R quartering standard, that needed a good bit of leeed, I think 6 x8 on that stand, Stand 8 in the quarry had a left quartering up the bank followed by a Mid off the top of the bank, a real distance one, that really needed shooting before it dropped near the end, spoke to again a 6/7 x 10 for me. Spoke to Ian afterwards and he told me that it was 60 yards out.

The sim rabbits did me in 2 x 8 and stand 10 or 11 for a 3 x 8 :fie:

Very happy with a 69 today for a PB. :nyam:

Bumped into Teepee today who saud he really likes his pictures that Hazel took at Owls yesterday. There was a 78 in C on the board when I left.

Liked it today,haven't been for years.
It's just a long drive. Loved the shoot shot an 86,got a bit nervous near the end and dropped 8in for easy stands.
B back soon.Thanks

Tiptop, you are an old tart.  :punish:

I enjoyed the layout, very good mix, although silly mistakes as always.  Straighted the simo rabbits and a couple of other stands, but one or two that I just couldn't find.  7 at the front again, so reasonably happy, but I reckon I left 8 or 10 out there, so still lots of work to do!

Good to see Wayne, Andy and Hazel, and I bumped into Gav B early on!  He was on his way to Devon for work, so decided to stop off for a shoot!  Good man!  

Well shot Andy, congrats on the PB!  Tell your photographer I don't want to be reminded how grey I am!  :no:    

Well shot Andy, congrats on the PB!  Tell your photographer I don't want to be reminded how grey I am!  :no:    
 Thanks Tony.

I will also remind my photographer  :biggrin:

Forgot to mention saw Brian from Four Counties out and about today, that makes 2 days on the trott, he goner owe Sue big time for this :haha:

Liked it today,haven't been for years. It's just a long drive. Loved the shoot shot an 86,got a bit nervous near the end and dropped 8in for easy stands. B back soon.Thanks
Well shot Piers, good to see you are out and about.

Well done Tony :thumbsup:  ,and to Gav B :money:   
Thanks tiptop
First visit since fitasc taster day many moons ago, good layout struggled to get into the swing of things and dropped some really easy targets, and like Aspire couldnt find the dropping crosser at all.

Great to bump into Teepee, couldnt pass up the chance to drop into Wylye on my journey down to Cornwall, now sitting in local bar to access their wifi so I can get my shootclay fix

Back