Who's where this Sunday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decisions decisions..... Steve's jealous as he has to work and you all get some great options!! Guarantee whenever we have a Sunday off there's nothing on so he beats himself up that we should be on AND that he can't go anywhere much fun to shoot! (time for the violins now I think!) Poor chap. :wink:

Windrush is only 2 miles down the road from Westfield, towards the Bourton on the Water end so if coming from the Oxford direction turn right onto A429 off the A40 towards Stow, after 4 miles turn left onto A436, Windrush is 1.5miles on the right. Entries here 10am to 2.30pm. :D

Last payout at Weston Wood was over £1000...... 1st each class was £100.....

Wherever you decide to go and shoot, enjoy the day and shoot well........... Last entries at Weston Wood now 1pm.

Weston Wood and 4Cs for me this Sunday , don't know why but I just don't like Gunsite .

Weston Wood and 4Cs for me this Sunday , don't know why but I just don't like Gunsite .
Think its same for me. On one hand I am making myself do some more grounds, but I went to the first Gunsite shoot and was really dissapointed on every level. I owe it to go back, as the targets have likely improved, the facilities may have too; but for a Wiltshire venue, the topography was very dissapointing IMO. Weston may be flat, but it at least has the interest of the various clearings, wooded backdrops and the pond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time i looked on the money to claim im sure it had your name x2 on there
It was me that came down and shot it under your name and number, would save me ruining my average but helped you out,, that's one you owe me ok !!!!!

Do none of you do that down there ???? bet there are a few.

It even happens at fishing lochs up here, you turn up at a loch check the day book and find you were out the last three saturdays, people book slots under others names ,incase they don't bother going and saves them getting a bad name.

It even happens at fishing lochs up here, you turn up at a loch check the day book and find you were out the last three saturdays, people book slots under others names ,incase they don't bother going and saves them getting a bad name.
That's alright so long as nobody starts thinking about green fees!

Think its same for me. On one hand I am making myself do some more grounds, but I went to the first Gunsite shoot and was really dissapointed on every level. I owe it to go back, as the targets have likely improved, the facilities may have too; but for a Wiltshire venue, the topography was very dissapointing IMO. Weston may be flat, but it at least has the interest of the various clearings, wooded backdrops and the pond.
Yep , probably the topography for me Clever, I've been back there a couple of times now and have lost interest on the way round very quickly .

It was me that came down and shot it under your name and number, would save me ruining my average but helped you out,, that's one you owe me ok !!!!!

Do none of you do that down there ???? bet there are a few.

What a gentleman! Any time you reach somewhere near the south coast, I'll repay you.....! :D

(that's called irony....!) ;)

i feel gunsite is a very well set up shoot been there everytime as local to me and last time was much on par with any shoot around, ok there is no ponds or woods but there is a clay in the air that has to be hit and never miles away just funny angles that make you think. im a great believer that a good shot is a man/women that can shoot and win at any ground...eveyone has there bad grounds but everywhere we go we are out to break that black disc in the air!! trees ponds or fields its the clay we look at... :) happy shooting

Ok gunsite might not be the prettiest ground in the world but you,ve got to make the best of what you,ve got,and in all fairness sean does put on some good targets which is after all what we go shooting for,nice scenery is a bonnus but not essential imo

Ok gunsite might not be the prettiest ground in the world but you,ve got to make the best of what you,ve got,and in all fairness sean does put on some good targets which is after all what we go shooting for,nice scenery is a bonnus but not essential imo
i run shoots and shoot everywhere, im not a fantastic shot by a long way but love pulling the trigger and seeing dust,, i agree scenery is a bonnus but the clay is my aim.. hope i not upset no one. :)

It's all fair comment. I suppose I should add that it's not near to me, so I am binning Weston, or Four Counties to go there. I will be back. Hopefully he may have added a tower or something to lift it a bit..

I've only missed one shoot at Gunsite and Sean does set some very good targets, it's just not high up on my list of grounds to shoot ;)

I'm out every weekend trying to hit them clays ... Still learning though :)

We are spoilt for choice this coming weekend as most of the grounds I shoot at are all holding a shoot, I wish they were spread out over the weeks instead of all at the same time .

Rob

I've only missed one shoot at Gunsite and Sean does set some very good targets, it's just not high up on my list of grounds to shoot ;)

I'm out every weekend trying to hit them clays ... Still learning though :)

We are spoilt for choice this coming weekend as most of the grounds I shoot at are all holding a shoot, I wish they were spread out over the weeks instead of all at the same time .

Rob
totaly agree with you i said last night there is alot on this week,,chas from urchfont a good friend of mine but i wont make his shoot this week as fc and gunsite closer to me, wish they didnt all fall on same day :huh:

Think I will shoot Gunsite. The first time I went there I thought it was rubbish but it has improved so much since then. Also like everyone has said good targets and friendly staff. Like the fact that he sometimes puts on a B/C class in the pool shoot to give some more people a chance of a prize!

Think I will shoot Gunsite. The first time I went there I thought it was rubbish but it has improved so much since then. Also like everyone has said good targets and friendly staff. Like the fact that he sometimes puts on a B/C class in the pool shoot to give some more people a chance of a prize!
Just a quick point on the pool shoot B/C class - we've been guaranteed B/C class shooters a £50 share of our pool shoot for over 2 years. I believe we were the first grounds to do this as our examination into the pool shoot entry showed that there were at least 40% of the entries coming from these classes.

Haven't got a problem with you going wherever you want to shoot, honestly - just felt a bit peeved when I read the post about the pool shoot.

Think yourselves lucky, very lucky indeed you have so many grounds within such a short journey.

The largest populated area up here is Glasgow, and the nearest Houston nearly beside the airport has 5 sporting stands,weekends only. Next nearest which is a great set up with every discipline is N.A.S.G forty minutes away. Some weekend trap grounds further out but any other decent sporting grounds are nearly a two and a half hours drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back