Which Sporting gun - 2.5k - 3.4k?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son has an Invictus, will handle totally different to the Miroku, heavy action light barrels.

Decisons! Can anybody tell me if the 725 Black editon sporter have an option for adjustable comb? I cant find on the Browning site but have seen a couple of pictures of one

Yep . Look on guntrader.cheapest£2279. new

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok went to a local dealer and after trying various guns, I've put a 100 squid deposit on a Browning 725 Black with adjustable stock, it just went to my shoulder better than the 692 and far better than the CG's. It really fitted me, I like...;-)

Ok went to a local dealer and after trying various guns, I've put a 100 squid deposit on a Browning 725 Black with adjustable stock, it just went to my shoulder better than the 692 and far better than the CG's. It really fitted me, I like...;-)
That's what I thought until I actually shot one. Each to their own and I hope you get on with it, I'd take the CG all day long. 

I had the choice of the 692 Black Ed or the 725 pro trap. From recent continual experience of the 692 ejection system and dealing with GMK I got the Pro Trap! nearly a grand less than the 692 with all the bells and whistles and the wood made the Beretta's look like MDF!

image.jpeg

Shoot a browning and to quite a good standard but had a shot with a summit accent and just wish I could afford one at the moment. Know of too many 725s that have had to 'go back' I'd not even consider one personally. Shot one or two berettas and they've never felt quite right for me. Would be Caesar Guerini all the way for me.

I've owned and used all of them, now shooting a 32" Invictus Impact

Not a vast amount to choose between the 3 really, all will outshoot any of us on here....from personal experience the only one I ever had any issues with was the 692 which had to go back to GMK with the sticky top lever issue that affected some of the early imports. 

Im not an engineer, but to me, as a simple consumer the Guerini and Miroku feel a slight step up from the Beretta in terms of quality. It's really hard to quantify exactly 'why' other than its an overall impression base on fit and finish etc. 

Have fun deciding. 

Mk38 grade 5 trap adjustable........or for similar money find a good Browning Pro-Trap.  They make excellent Sporting guns.  A lot of my friends have converted over to them and are seeing upgraded results.....

You could look at either a Blaser F16, or if you stretch your budget a few percent, a Blaser F3.

The F16 is less expensive, giving you money to spend on extras, the F3 has choices when it  comes to comb height, might save fitting costs.

Either model the money spent would be going into the engineering quality rather than superficial engraving. Quality with Beretta has attracted much comment on these pages, and recently Browning have had their fair share. 

Thank you all for the information. Gratefully recieved. I have know put a deposit down on the following

Browning 725 Black Edition Sporter 30" with adjustable stock

Back