which chokes are you currently using in 2021 ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discipline : English Sporting

Gun : Kreighoff K80 Parcours

Chokes : Fixed chokes

3/8th and 3/8th

725 ProTrap - factory Browning DS chokes

- Fitacs Compak and Sporting 1/4 and 3/4

- Fitasc Game Trench (UT) 3/4 and Light Full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the thread so far and I am quite amazed how popular 3/8 choke is selected . 

Wonder when the manufactures of shot guns will catch on as most choke sets usually go from 1/4 to 1/2.  Although I know some do include this as a choke size, browning being an example.

Caesar Guerini summit 

Sporting 3/8 3/8  Teague flush 

FITASC 1/2 5/8     Teague flush 

Beretta 692, mainly used for Olympic skeet: SK & IC. Serves me well enough on compac and sporting too.  

Really quite simple.  This year, 2021, is an odd numbered year so as the rules state only odd numbered chokes are allowed in multi-choke guns.  Any fixed choke gun made prior to 1984 may be grandfathered in, but it is the shooter's responsibility to have a properly choked gun for any post-1984 production.

It's the rules; attendant DQ's and violations will go on your permanent record

I mainly shoot DTL and I must be quite unimaginative as I go with the boaring half and full combination. 

But going to give 3/8 and 7/8 a try at the weekend

Yes I wish they would invent a device that altered a miss target  to an hit, a bit like a spell checker 🤣🤣👍
there are two categories of that;  one is physical as in "eraser" and the other virtual in simply forgetting the miss.  I knew an ATA shooter whose prior scores always improved as time passed.

A mate of mine, always seems to have trouble with his counting when we practice together. 😁

Browning 525    1/2 and 1/2,  Covers me for all my shooting 👍

Were I to take up shooting again I would buy a nice looking Browning Liege I saw advertised in Pigeonwatch with 26" barrels choked imp cyl & imp cyl which to me means 5thou of choke. I shoot sporting and a bit of skeet and used to do reasonably well at ESP with  an imp cyl in an auto.  I used 8 shot. Why not an auto again, they are a pain in the arse to clean.

Vic.

Chokes ? can become a bit of a obsession and a distraction !....to a DTL shooter 100 chips are better than 99 smokers ! but to me having a tighter choke tells me I shot it and not just a lucky chip ?

Back