Where do you draw the line?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Ive always found "odd" is a place like Coleys where for quite a while now practice is set at 40pp clay yet their 100 target registered sporting comp you can shoot for £37.00 (37pp clay).

Clay shooting is not a cheap pastime / hobby / sport / obsession, and no despite a few increases I can't see me shooting any less, most probably I will shoot more and more as my years advance.
I've always found that to be strange as well. I can understand big corporate grounds being more expensive for practice clays etc, as they have staff and higher overheads to consider. But grounds that just put on the odd practice/registered shoots that follow suit, I think are taking the piss. As you say not a cheap sport/pastime, roll on the 29th March, calendar is already fully booked up for April, and just the EO left to book into for May.

Last edited by a moderator:
clays and cartridges will never go down in price ,  i suppose its personal circumstances as to what you feel comfortable paying ?       prices certainly don't encourage young people ,   that's a shame in my book !!     lots of alternatives to spend your hard earned cash on  ?      
Regrettably yes, odd small dip in cartridge 💷 apart price of shooting will always have an upward trend, the young people discussion could go on forever and although am aware of a number of initiatives locally do feel this hobby / sport is ( although highly enjoyable) considered unfavourably costly when compared to most opportunities to today’s “youth”.

clays and cartridges will never go down in price ,  i suppose its personal circumstances as to what you feel comfortable paying ?       prices certainly don't encourage young people ,   that's a shame in my book !!     lots of alternatives to spend your hard earned cash on  ?      
Agree if you define young as 20 to 35.  This is the age group (and the most important to grow the sport) which will suffer the most from people walking away. For the most part there are so many exciting or cheaper  activities to spend your money on.  Like I said in an earlier post. I gave up when it became a choice between carring on shooting  or give up other sports. It was a straight choice. I had a great coach (free) shooting on a private layout paying cost price of clay and very well.   Cost of cartridges  drove me away. 

Back