What costs you targets?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ps. must qualify everything and also state that we all have a certain ability level beyond which we seem incapable of meaningful improvement, that plateau is damn hard to break out of without zillions of practice hours. 
As can be seen in every endeavor, mental or physical, people are not wired the same.  Some wiring favors certain activities.  I don't believe anyone can overcome inadequate wiring regardless of effort.  My wiring never provided the means to resolve unified field theory or win Olympic medals.  BFD.  I got over it.   :pleasantry:

I agree with hamsters last bit. There does indeed seem to be a level that one just cannot improve on. I have often considered this level to be self imposed by ones own self belief, or rather lack of. With the odd exception most people who excel at there chosen endeavour have a degree of dare i say "arrogance" an in built belief that they are at the top of there game and cannot possibly fale !!

I always say that clay shooting is like sex, the more you think about it, the harder it gets.  :angel:
Sorry , have to disagree with that one.  I have NEVER forgotten what it is like to shoot clay pigeons  !      :???:

Crap shells, wrong chokes, people talking, lousy old gun, near sighted refs who have no clue of the rules, loose shells in the cage from the last damned semi shooter, old prescription lenses and wrongly coloured clays for the presentation. Slow traps and soft resin in the clays.

None of it is my fault! 

:)  

I agree with hamsters last bit. There does indeed seem to be a level that one just cannot improve on. I have often considered this level to be self imposed by ones own self belief, or rather lack of. With the odd exception most people who excel at there chosen endeavour have a degree of dare i say "arrogance" an in built belief that they are at the top of there game and cannot possibly fale !!
I'd suggest that what you're saying is the result of having that superior wiring and not mind over matter kinda thing.  There are limits to the power of positive thinking and visualization.  Maximizing potential and changing DNA attributes  are quite different things.  If you come across some effective gene modification scheme I'd be financially appreciative of knowing of it.    :clapping:

Crap shells, wrong chokes, people talking, lousy old gun, near sighted refs who have no clue of the rules, loose shells in the cage from the last damned semi shooter, old prescription lenses and wrongly coloured clays for the presentation. Slow traps and soft resin in the clays.

None of it is my fault! 

:)  
too hot

too cold

too wet

too dry

too dim

too bright

too calm

too windy 

hung over

need a drink