Weston Wood - 5Th February

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Let me start by saying that the best thing about my shooting today was the Bacon Roll before hand, and the homemade chicken soup I just had to soothe my troubled brow.

Glad to see so many ShootClayers making their way through the snow - my squad was Clever Will, TipTop and myself - and we were followed round by Nic, Mr Nic, and Fuz. I also saw Banger, OldGit (good to meet you) and Jasper (you too) on the way round - thanks for saying hi guys. It was pretty quiet at Weston and it's good to see that so many of our little crew made up the numbers - I'm sure Steve will be happy that we rallied around!

Nothing stupid out there - some deceptive birds that I misread, along with a few others - I finished on a miserable 48, this week has been a waste of cartridges, but some of our group had excellent scores. I'm in a bit of a shooting malaise this week - but I'm determined to get through it next week...

I'll let others chime in on what they they thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I struggled too, putting in a score JUST a clay too big to drop off my averages. Was it a tough shoot? Maybe.. Did I ruin my performance by swapping between guns in the last few days? Probably.

Never mind, all you get looking back is a stiff neck. Next weekend is the focus now..

Cheers,

CSC3

Well I had a brill time and cannot wait for the Shootclay Cocktail Lounge to open up as it has been a very thirst making day. Very happy with my score and thanks to Chris Childerhouse for showing the way on one of the long stands (I was looking over his shoulder :cool: and it is amazing what you can learn from the top boys). Thought for a while that I unsuspectingly had B class in the bag......but should have known better :D ..... in the end I was pipped at the post and was happy to take 2nd in B class and £30 for my ParalympicGB fundraising pot.......and yes it has already been posted online to them.

Ali and Steve put on a great shoot considering the snowy weather so all praise to them. Nice to meet Old Git......who does not look like an Old Git at all :D and nice to meet Tiptop and Jasper and the lovely Banger.

Always good to shoot with Fuzzy who is great company......but best of all I loved shoving it right up 'i'm indoors'......a right royal whooping of 6 points :p :p

P.s. Brilliant 96 by Chris Childerhouse..................

Pure Class!!!

Sorry I missed this, I didn't find out until it was too late to make alternative arrangements after my cartridge collection got postponed due to sledging...

Look forward to the next one :)

Jon.

96 - that's great shooting - saw you going round Chris (I wonder if we can coax you on to saying hi to the forum!)

69 for me :D Left a few silly ones out there, but big improvement in the Teal dept so happy with that. Ended 5th in C and another 5 above average score. All this shooting is really paying off and the scoring consistancy is getting there.

Well Shot Nic, Always a pleasure to see you put one over His Honour :lol: :.:

Good little shoot and nice impromtu meet-up :)

lots of operator errors today some tricky targets which i read all wrong .still it was a good shoot and i enjoyed it,did manage to win the pool shoot. :) nice to see the rest of you too.

Nicola what can i say great shooting!!!

Chris,,, well shot 96 was some score round that course

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pick-up on the pool shoot Banger :D Indeed watching Chris shoot the simo long r-l was a revelation, I thought the 2nd (slowing) bird would be pretty much straight at it but it still needed some leeed. Good to watch class acts and pick up some tips :)

Congrats Banger on the pool.........good shooting :cool:

Couple of pics :D

Nicola wearing the dead cat :D

IMAG0111.jpg

Child friendly snowman, before he was given an appendage :lol:

IMAG0109.jpg

How a Trappie shoots Sporting :)

IMAG0110.jpg

Well shot guys,sounds like you all had a great day out... I must ventre up to Weston some day soon :)

Rob

Latest posts

Back