Video Cameras for recording Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shot Glen. Some smart phones are better for filming than the digital cameras. A proper cam is what I'm eventually going to buy but at the moment I use an iphone, you can edit and upload straight to YouTube from the phone.

Thanks Ben,

I have heard this one is pretty good? Any thoughts ideas or advice on what to go for is appreciated.

JVC GZ-E205REK Full HD Camcorder - Red

Resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD Media SD/SDXC Card LCD Screen 3.0" 230k-pixel (frameless touch panel) Sensitivity (lux) Super LoLux Optical Zoom 40x Digital Zoom 200x Image Stabiliser Advanced image stabiliser Focus Auto & Manual Sensor (in pixels) CMOS 1/5.8" Photo Mode Photo Mode Yes Memory Card SD/SDXC Card Sound Dolby Digital 2ch Maximum resolution on memory card (in pixels) 2 megapixels Connectivity Audio Output Yes Compatible Platforms Windows Supplied Software Pixela Everio MediaBrowser 4 (Windows) Computer Interface USB 2.0 Misc Possible power supply Mains power + USB charge Weight (in grams) 190 g Dimensions 116 x 50.5 x 55 mm Accessories included AC Adapter, Battery Pack (BN-VG108), AV Cable, USB Cable, Built-in Camera Software

I'm researching the same thing at the moment Glen (I know nothing about video and only a touch more about still cameras) but that JVC looks pretty good - I looked at the same one in duty free a couple of weeks ago, but they only had it in bright red, I wanted a black or silver one. Am going through T5 on Saturday, so may have another look.

This one also seems pretty good at around the same price : Panasonic V100 - and has some reviews that seem to support it.

Have to say though - I know next to nothing about video cameras (my last one had tapes in it)

I am the same, no idea but I know the one my dad has is ok for close work but as soon as the zoom is being used to a greater extent and you have faster moving objects the clarity is compromised big time.

I have heard you need to go for the biggest optical zoom you can not neccessarily the digital zoom?

Have to see though. I want to be able to film the shooting and make some videos and the biggest problem is picture quality and visibility everytime.

That sounds right to me - the same issue with point and shoot digital cameras, the optical zoom is always much better than the digital zoom - as all that does, is reduce resolution to fill the screen. I think we both want to do the same, film shooting - and the most difficult thing is picking up the clays. BenW does this well on an iPhone - so I'm hoping a decent HD camera will do the trick as well.

Watch out Tobi will be along telling you to make a new thread for this camera chat on what was an International cup winning thread......(smilesknowingly)

That sounds right to me - the same issue with point and shoot digital cameras, the optical zoom is always much better than the digital zoom - as all that does, is reduce resolution to fill the screen. I think we both want to do the same, film shooting - and the most difficult thing is picking up the clays. BenW does this well on an iPhone - so I'm hoping a decent HD camera will do the trick as well.
Well it is not the end of the world for 200 odd quid so will do a little bit more searching but definitely going to buy one soon.

With the little camera I have it just saves them on my PC when I attach via USB as a windows player file and then I can upload on you tube etc.

I guess this will be the same for the camcorder? Maybe BenW knows???

Other thing is how do they do all this quality editing???? Is that done pre-upload?

Going to be interesting that is for sure but should be good fun!

I think these two cameras come with SD cards, so you just pop that in and import either using the client that comes with the camera, or just using your Windows/Mac.

A few guys at work upload videos (parachutes, cars etc) - and they use Windows Live Movie Maker for the editing, its free and easy - and has the main features you need without spending money (titles, transitions blah blah)

Just had a play with it seems like it is easy enough to use may take a bit of time to get used to editing and some of the more technical features.

:)

BenW's movies from an iphone are great! I would be careful about investing in a camera; given that iphone 5 is due out soon with my upgrade.

Movie Maker is what I first used to edit all the clips together, it's easy and more than good enough. I now use AVS Video Editor because you can save the final movie in any format including HD.

If anyone is going to film with an iPhone or iPad I recommend downloading an APP called FiLMiC PRO. It lets you set the focus and light so it doesn't try to reset when you move which causes the blurriness.

Back