Travelling to France with a Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

I know we've been here before with travelling with a gun but I am just wondering if it is wise at the moment?

I am off to France for Christmas. I stay near to a fantastic shooting range (8 FITASC Parcours along with 1 UT and 2 DTL layouts), and usually go along as a treat. I have always taken my own gun but bought shells there (in Decathlon of all places). Never had a problem travelling with a gun but I am concerned with the whole terrorist/immigrant issue at the moment that there maybe a problem. Anyone travelled recently (I am using the tunnel) and any experience? As it is the dog is being left behind this time. Poor pooch has to stay on the farm for Christmas. At least he might get out on the boxing day shoot. I will be recovering from over eating for two days solid. The French make our Christmas meal look very amateurish.

Gun passport and you should be good to go. You get one from your local firearm dept and they must give you it within ten days if I remember correctly. Don't bother with cartridges as they tend to be cheaper in France anyway but I doubt you will find many British made ones, mostly French ,Spanish and Italian.

Sorry I now have read your post properly and see you have done this all before . As to any problems I don't see why you are going about your lawful business and there is no, to my knowledge restriction on the movement of firearms between EU countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back