Trap Gun Ultra XTR

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy S

Having to no longer keep going to the opticians on a Saturday morning, taken over 2 months from start to signing up, to try different contact lenses and the correct lenses arriving after being out of stock,  I can now start to get back into shooting trap, well DTL at Bisley, although I might try a bit of UT and OT aswell.

To help with this I have treated myself to a second hand, Browning Ultra XTR in 32 inch flavour with fixed 3/4 and full chokes.

A few pictures:

post-21-0-79150400-1365893189.jpg

post-21-0-06142200-1365893293.jpg

post-21-0-92343100-1365893374.jpg

post-21-0-83715400-1365893458.jpg

Pretty good condition for a date coded MM, which is a year 2000, gun. Shoiot a round and a half with it at Owls Lodge this afternoon and now have the comb set to how I like to shoot.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 0
I'm looking for one of these, preferably the multi choke version. If any one stumbles across one would you please let me know.

Thanks Rob and Hamid, Hotshot there aren't many of these for sale, at the moment on guntrader there is one S/H and 4 new, the S/H one with the multi chokes is located in Ayeshire, so a bit of a journey!!

Nice gun!!! If looked after properly it will still be shooting when you are in your box mate! Enjoy it! :thumbsu:

Thanks Les,
hi.gif
it appears not to have done much work in it's life. I am getting a shorter recoil pad, an Isis one, for it as it's a tad long for me at the moment.

My wife has a 3800 trap grade 1 gun which she brought late last year which is a 1992 model which is in very good condition apart from having the chokes taken out from 3/4 & Full to 3/8 & 1/2.

I'm looking for one of these, preferably the multi choke version. If any one stumbles across one would you please let me know.
You could always buy my beautiful MK38 Trap gun (with adjustable stock) and have it multichoked :spiteful:

DT

You could always buy my beautiful MK38 Trap gun (with adjustable stock) and have it multichoked :spiteful:

DT
What spec is it and how much do you want for it D.T? I was really after a XTR so as it's ready to go.

Thanks Rob and Hamid, Hotshot there aren't many of these for sale, at the moment on guntrader there is one S/H and 4 new, the S/H one with the multi chokes is located in Ayeshire, so a bit of a journey!!
Thanks Andy. I know they're a bit like hens teeth especially in 32". Doveridge have got a new Prestige in stock but £800 more than the standard one is a lot to pay for titanium chokes and nicer wood.

York Guns have got a couple of XT's as have Chris Potter but they look like they've done a fair bit of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Les,
hi.gif
it appears not to have done much work in it's life. I am getting a shorter recoil pad, an Isis one, for it as it's a tad long for me at the moment.

My wife has a 3800 trap grade 1 gun which she brought late last year which is a 1992 model which is in very good condition apart from having the chokes taken out from 3/4 & Full to 3/8 & 1/2.
I have a 1991 3800 grd3 trap that I bought new from Park Street Guns, has now had about 150,000 shells through it. Dennis Stepney just serviced it and described it as "mint". Those Mirooks just go on forever, as do the Mirook made Brownings. :thumbsup:

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new Ultra XTR Prestige 32" when I was in Doveridge earlier in the week. Gave it a quick whirl at DTL but it was so windy that it was more like O.T or Ball Trap.

Feels really good though.

If you ask me nicely Hamid I might let you have a go with it. :nyam: :nyam:

Well I bit the bullet and bought a new Ultra XTR Prestige 32" when I was in Doveridge earlier in the week. Gave it a quick whirl at DTL but it was so windy that it was more like O.T or Ball Trap.

Feels really good though.
 Nice one,

I found that they shoot very flat, also confirmed by another shooter today at Bisley whom said exactly the same thing with his one, so have raised the comb on  mine by 6.5mm. Which is a lot better now. Mangaed 22 and an 18, the wind got up abit on the second round, on a quick 50 today.

Latest posts

Back