To Teague or not to Teague?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but less metal particularly if going from full to 1/4
No different to opening the fixed chokes out......and I guess Perazzi would choke them however you want them new.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the perazzi   you could shoot quite a few stands with skeet shells , 8s for medium range , 7.5 s  for long stuff ,  don't ruin a  great gun , gun shops are full of  ruined guns  for sale .   just my opinion :preved:  

Can`t see how flush Teagues can alter balance as it`s just replacing solid metal with removable metal.

If you see a long future with the gun I`d have it done,then you can swap away and have mind games with yourself !

I do .........
I'll buy that man a beer who could feel the balance difference between a Teague and fixed.

I have NO problems with Nigel his work is the finest there is! would you multichoke a Purdey? :crazy:
There wouldn't be enough metal left at the muzzle of a Purdy once the barrel weight/thickness had been 'reduced' post proofing...allegedly!!! :O

According to perazzi's barrel maker, having a perazzi modified from fixed to multi choke affects the balance of those barrels and they do not recommend it, personally I would take the gun to a good barrel man and get him to open the choking
...and then people add pogo stick recoil reducers or after market stocks!!! Don't they affect balance...

I'll buy that man a beer who could feel the balance difference between a Teague and fixed.
Totally agree Hammy.
Furthermore, how many of the above commentating shooters have ever shot, owned or sold a thinwall Teagued Perazzi?? I've owned at least three and IMHO they shoot and feel every bit as good as the factory fixed tubes. As for putting off potential buyers, apart from the absolute purists out there, virtually nobody else gives a damn. Indeed I would argue, again from experience, that he market for teagued Perazzis is every bit as strong as for non-teagued examples. The only problem with after market choking is that the initial cost of the work is pretty high. Chances are you'll not recover all of that cost on eventual re-sale.

Also, as for the comment about would you do it to a Purdey, I would point you in the direction of the James Purdey website where they themselves offer such a system as an option on all of their over and under guns. If it's good enough for them why wouldn't it be good enough for a Perazzi

...and then people add pogo stick recoil reducers or after market stocks!!! Don't they affect balance...
Yep they do as well, only repeating what a bloke who has been making barrels for 30 years said, if you want a multi choke gun, buy one that was designed to have them, Caesar, Blaser, Kreighoff etc

Hi I have a perazzi mx2000s the gun is fixed choke at 3/4 and full. Would having the gun teagued detract from the value of the gun and hurt the resale? Not that I'm looking to sell it I just don't want to make an expensive mistake.

Thanks tom
I would have thought the reverse is more likely to be true.  I don't see many sporting shooters choosing to shoot 3/4 and full, so there is an argument that you would attract more buyers if it was a m/c??

If you want to be trendy, you could get Briley's fitted !

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo indeed! Thin wall teagues as last resort. I cannot abide chokes unfortunately my mk38 has them but only two they are either in or out for close stuff. Next gun will definitely be fixed...then I can blame the shells!! .

There are some great cartridges out there - here is how my dedicated SC cartridge prints from my fixed 3/4 and 1/1 "B" Ultra Trap:

21910993.jpg

21911758.jpg

After market stocks only affect it it you 'don't ' know what you are doing :laugh:

....True story

Just a quick update. I phoned teague chokes today to get a price for the work, to multi choke the gun with 4 chokes comes to around £435 inc vat. I must admit that this was a little more than I expected but as with most things you get what you pay for.

Having had two guns which have been retro choked, one Teague and one Briley I'd go for Teague everyday of the week if I intended to go down that route again.

Just a quick update. I phoned teague chokes today to get a price for the work, to multi choke the gun with 4 chokes comes to around £435 inc vat. I must admit that this was a little more than I expected but as with most things you get what you pay for.
The prices used to be on the website, seems with the new snazzy site the pricing has gone (progress for you)

Get them opened out to 5/8 and 5/8

Back