This Sunday 3/6

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably VV for me although the weather will most likely put a stop to that.

FITASC tomorrow at W W ready to be shown up at an England selection Shoot :huh:

Anybody brave enough to stand in the rain today? Gun site?

I thought 'sod that' and stayed in bed. Maybe tomorrow though as feeling withdrawal..

CSC3

Yep I went to Gunsite , wasn't bad weather at all :) had a shower pass through but nothing heavy.

Erm...could have been wrong choice..not too wet at Gunsite and a load easier than last time. Chris Childerhouse leading when I left with a 97!!! and I shot a 74 for a new pb (lying second in C to a 76 when I left). Form, confidence and scores improving as we come into summer (73 to tie 1st in C at Upavon last week), but even accounting for that I think the Gunsite setup was realtively easy and with a little greater application on the simpler stands 80 would have been attainable in C!

Well shot radrac ... I had a flying start then the wheels came off for a while , came in with a 65 , thought that I should have been in the 70s easily :( ... Coat not needed today !

Couldnt be bothered with Gunsite today was too wet for me, so met up with Matt for a quick 70 at 4 Counties. Nice course, bit of everything. Only grumble was a going away chondel edge on at a rate of knots with a high fast teal simmo! I was shooting 5/8 choke and I broke the chondel in half first pair, shot it the same second pair and a miss. I am convinced as it was edge on it was going through the pattern. Never got any more of them.

Ended up with 54/70 which is 77.1% a new pb. Was good enough to be 7th overall, pissing all over B class but only 2nd in C when we left :.:

Also did 4Cs. A pile of toilet from me but at least I didn't pay as I was the 60th card

I made a visit to Podimore today, found out it was the Somerset Sporting selection shoot and my first venture into B class. I was pleasantly surprised; managed 81ex100 which had me joint top when I left but fully expectant to be beaten. It was an enjoyable layout although I need to do some more work on my concentration as I quite often smoked the first 3/4 pairs then drop 1/2 out of the last pair!

(null)

nicely done snipey, good to prove early doors you can compete a class up :)

I went to 4Cs first for early 10am start...didn't think the weather was too bad...shot a 49..did ok on that simo stand fuz..shot an 8 including 4 of the Chondels (3/4 choke). My downfall was at the stand before with the slowing down crosser reasonably far out and then the overhead...thought I was overleading the crossers which I wasn't!! as I hit it with more lead on last pair!!

Cheers fuzz! Yeah it was a little boost, I felt that the targets were there for a very good score. I just came away feeling that I could/should of shot maybe another 5 targets if had kept my concentration. I'll definitely be raising this at the phil coley master class on the 12th; anyone else from shootclay attending?

(null)

Enough tricky stuff there, didnt feel it needed a ball breaker 5 pair to finish, I would have fired the chondel slightly l-r just to show a little face and confuse the eye by crossing over the teal, just as tricky but just looks that bit easier :) but enjoyed it on the whole. Heard a great bit of news too. Re. doing regular 100 birders there ;)

Not doing the 12th Snipey but have attended one of phils masterclasses before. Really got a lot out of it. Helped me get a more repeatable pre-shot routine with the traffic light system. Sure you will enjoy :D

I was undecided as to go to Gunsite, for the first time but the weather looked pants in the morning, went to Four Counties later, on the drive over it was brighter in parts but a mile down the road it was raining.

Saw the Shoot Clay squad enjoying a bite to eat, following their shoot and ended up going out in quite heavy rain. Unsurprisingly walked into the 1st 4 stands and shot straight away. Stand 1 was a bit of a eyesite test in the gloom on the Woodcock bird, took me 2 pairs before I worked out why I was missing and moved to a different stance and hold point for the second bird. Didn't help myself with only a 1 on stand 3 and a 3 on stand 4. Finally realised why I was missing as I was shooting by not using 2 eye 1 eye technique, doh!!!.

Afer that it went much better. only dropped a couple or so on each stand. Even managed to hit the chondel on the last stand by shoooting the teal first then moving over to the for 7 X 10. Finished up on a 37 x 70 along with Toby and Matt.

Andy

Back