The Troy Foods Classic FITASC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has saved me an early morning phone call to Ally! Thanks Steve, looking forward to this. Shooting it on the last day so I can watch the final and take some pictures... 

Sounds like its going to be a great event, but perhaps someone can explain as im a bit confused about the prize pot...

Overall a great prize and certainly a great pay out across the classes/categories but if I've got this correct....there are eight finalists all competing for the main prize of a gun.... So the winner gets a fabulous gun worth £6500 the seven runner ups receive £250 each....ok its clear so far ....but...

Lets just say that all these shooters were in A class then in theory the person who is then 9th overall in A wins £700 and 10th gets £300. How can someone who comes 10th in A win more than the person who finishes 2nd?

confused.com

it is correct as you said it , that is what the main sponsor wanted for the top shots all to have to do it on the day in one squad , pretty much the same as the beretta world 

Thanks for the reply Steve,

but I think im correct in saying that at the Beretta World the finalists all fall back into there classes or at least the finalists prizes are higher than those in the classes

Only one person can win the Gun it just seems the others are going to be penalised for making the final.

It wont effect me but as I said earlier it just seemed strange.

You can't have your cake and eat it as well, if you qualify for the gun then well done, you get £250 and the chance to walk away with £6,500 on top. This method actually distributes the prize pool (IMO) in a fairer way and gives a lot more people the chance to get in to the cash. :)

Its not a question of having your cake etc...all im saying is you come 2nd overall in a four day competition and you get £250... but if you come 10th in the same class you get £300... how is that fair?

1st - £6500

2nd -£250

3rd - £250

4th - £250

5th - £250

6th - £250

7th - £250

8th - £250

9th - £700

10th - £300

mmmmmm im sorry but that cant be right or am I missing something?

What is it not fair? You enter this knowing that if you qualify you get £250 and a chance at a £6,500 gun. What happens to the class prizes is now irrelevant. Its all about distribution, would you rather top load the prize pool so all the 8 qualifiers got the lion share? This method pretty much ensures it will be full with a waiting list - why? Because shooters now have a chance of getting in to the money, should they have dropped the classes payouts so 1st got £400 and paid down further, maybe but I don't see an issue with it myself...

1st - £6500

2nd -£250

3rd - £250

4th - £250

5th - £250

6th - £250

7th - £250

8th - £250

9th - £700

10th - £300

mmmmmm im sorry but that cant be right or am I missing something?
Well that only applies if all the qualifiers are in the same class, so hardly a true reflection ;-)

even if you have a mixture of A + B shooters (no disrespect meant to C + D) but to me it seems that your penalised if you make but the final and don't win....7 of the best shooters are walking away with less than they would had they not made the final.

Am I the only one thinking this....I obviously have this wrong, I thought the better you shoot the greater the reward.

Matt - I get the better you shoot the better the reward argument but... If you qualify you get the chance to win £6,750 (in total) nearly 10 times what you would get for a class win. If you skew the class prizes it affects ALL the classes and then makes it an exercise in watching the normal shooters take all the spoils. Answer is simple, don't qualify, take your £700 and be happy, the ones that make the final are going for the gun, if they feel hard done by because they £450 less the class winners then simply don't enter the competition. Anyway I thought you loved your new Browning :) ?

Matt - Thank you for taking the time to explain the prize money process.... everything is so very much clearer to me now. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of us all now shoot purely for the love of it. I fully get what your saying it just didn't seem to read right...but after all if that's how the sponsor wants to play it ....and god knows we could do with more like it supporting our sport then so be it, you know as well as I do that if things aren't crystal clear from the start then people love nothing more than to have a moan. See you in Worthing at the weekend.

zoli , i dont know whether i know you or not as some of these names do piss me off a bit , but i suppose you are an  a class shooter and genrally they do want it all ,  but do you know what if it wasnt for all the other classes there would not be any comps like this so i think its about time we rewarded people of all ability and not just the few who think they are a bit special.

i think it will be a great climax to see 8 top scores shoot off againest each other , lets see when the pressure is on who can do it or not ..

in any case knowing what you lot are like it will probably be split up anyway so each will get £2100 , unless of course we get someone in there who says winner takes all .

this will be the best fitasc event this year and i aint having it spoilt by a few that dont like it , or the way its put together

so once again a very special thanks to a good friend of mine for sponsoring the title , edgar brothers for sponsoring the zoli gun and wes at blaze publishing for allowing me to resurect the event after 10 years layoff 

and last but not least promatic for supplying clays for the event .

natasha no problem you are booked in 

all the best steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Entries are now open for this 

people i have down already 

matt r

matt n

keith a 

shaun mk38

s keating 

ed solo

let us know asap as its strictly 12 squads a day 

book in and pay on the day , but if anyone doesnt show up on the day to shoot there will be a charge of £80 , but i am sure for the best fitasc event in the country you will all beat me to the gate 

steve
Thanks Steve looking forward to a great shoot :biggrin:

hi eddie sorry i missed your question the entry fee for 14 and under will be £84 , hope this helps 

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back