THE FINAL SCORE IF NO HELP FOR DISABLED SHOOTERS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil that is brilliant. Thank you so much for putting the poster up.

Thank you to all of the people already from this site who have contacted me and sent money to the DSG. Every single donation helps.

I specifically made it a contact by PM because of those who did not want to advertise their donation.

I would also like to correct (if it helps) an incorrect assumption by one person. This fund is to be used only to get the shooters (invited by name or quantity) to attend the demonstration event and now the Test event Grand Prix in Italy in October (hence I reassessed a guesstimate to £10k). It is ring fenced within the DSG account for this international use ....to help GBR help the other countries....fight for the right to have clay target shooting in the Paralympics.

There are many disabled people returning from our war zones with terrible injuries and having to rethink their lives long before they ever assumed they might do. I am sure that if this push for Paralympic acceptance if it succeeds will give a whole lot of people 'new options' and that the ranks of the DSG will swell.

It is true that all life's pathways balance on a knife edge....and one slight change that seems insignificant to a lot of people......can be totally life changing for others.

We know how to make international clay target winners in this country.....we do it all the time.......I know we could win medals at this....!!

I put a couple of pounds in the tin at barrowheath yesterday. but if I had read this first I would not have done.I suggest you edit this post.
Thanks Chippy. That is very kind and exactly what I was after with the request for shooting grounds to put the poster up. When lots of people give even just one pound it all mounts up.

I like taking out what I call the shrapnel jar.....because even people who give just the copper change from their pocket....are amazed at the end of the day....just how full the jar gets...!!

Every bit helps......so thanks again.

(P.s. Handisport did not mean his post as it read. He was enthusiastic to 'rally the cause' and......he has already apologised. He has lived with disability for too many years to count.....and i think on several occasions throughout ....has worked hard to represent GBR in international disciplines in many a far flung place. I hope that people can now ease off. Everyone has their own words and passions.....and many times they can be miss read for the emotional content. If this had been said face to face in a pub amongst mixed ability friends....people may have then helped carry the shrapnel jar.)

STARTING AGAIN.

In my haste to rally the troops and with Tinker Bells poster campaign I assumed ALL of you were aware of the complexities of funding for paralympians and the disabled sportsperson.

From your replies I fear you DO NOT.

There are many sports bodies , agencies and grants out there with funds for disabled sportsmen and women but none of it can be obtained by our disabled clay shooters.It was on the above assumption that because there were more able bodied shooters than disabled I could enlist your help in the hour of need to lobby these agencies to give us the "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD" by releasing funds to our disabled shooters.

As time was short for things to change I was frustrated at the thought of them not being able to achieve the opportunity to be paralympians at last.

The DSG have been fighting hard to get access to these funds and I just did not think that you ALL would not have heard or read about their funding difficulties.

CPSA - Rec'd a grant of circa £500k for increasing Disabled participation - asked if we could tap into this as surely seeing clay targets as a Paralympic discipline would increase new disabled shooters numbers as it had done with Peter Wilson winning gold at the last Olympics - answer was still no, as it was not at grass routes.

BICTSF - limited funds and most shooters are self funded - possible to gain something if participating in selection shoots for GB events - double edged sword as not recognised events as only test and demonstrations.

British Shooting - have no funds of their own, they are the body that receives and distributes funding fro Sport England

Sport England - has varying funds that can be applied for - we do not fit the criteria as its classed as elite shooting and should be covered by grants funded to the governing body.

DTSGB - (rifle and pistols Paralympic) received Sport England funding of £4m only for disabled shooters of Paralympic shooting disciplines - we are not a Paralympic discipline and their funds are allocated for their shooters for the next years up to Rio 2016 - ring fenced so not able access any funds. The DSG has affiliated to them in preparation of clays being accepted as they have all the policies in place and are prepared to umbrella us and not govern us (as they admit they haven't a clue about clays).

DSP (disabled shooting project) - British Shooting project funded for a 4 year period by Sport England to increase disabled participation in the shooting sports - all forms of shooting - no spare funds to support as again grass routes level.

Awards for All - local funding available of small grants - we do not fit the criteria as clay shooting is already funded by Sport England even though disabled is not covered.

In conclusion I apologise again for my very stupid ASSUMPTION.

People please....there is no need for this.

I have tried to explain as clearly as possible and I would hope that most shooters will be able to see the bigger picture that we are trying to achieve here. I know that some people will not or cannot get involved....and that is perfectly ok.

So again I say thank you for reading the thread.
What is wrong with some people !? 

STARTING AGAIN.

In my haste to rally the troops and with Tinker Bells poster campaign I assumed ALL of you were aware of the complexities of funding for paralympians and the disabled sportsperson.

From your replies I fear you DO NOT.

There are many sports bodies , agencies and grants out there with funds for disabled sportsmen and women but none of it can be obtained by our disabled clay shooters.It was on the above assumption that because there were more able bodied shooters than disabled I could enlist your help in the hour of need to lobby these agencies to give us the "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD" by releasing funds to our disabled shooters.

As time was short for things to change I was frustrated at the thought of them not being able to achieve the opportunity to be paralympians at last.

The DSG have been fighting hard to get access to these funds and I just did not think that you ALL would not have heard or read about their funding difficulties.

CPSA - Rec'd a grant of circa £500k for increasing Disabled participation - asked if we could tap into this as surely seeing clay targets as a Paralympic discipline would increase new disabled shooters numbers as it had done with Peter Wilson winning gold at the last Olympics - answer was still no, as it was not at grass routes.

BICTSF - limited funds and most shooters are self funded - possible to gain something if participating in selection shoots for GB events - double edged sword as not recognised events as only test and demonstrations.

British Shooting - have no funds of their own, they are the body that receives and distributes funding fro Sport England

Sport England - has varying funds that can be applied for - we do not fit the criteria as its classed as elite shooting and should be covered by grants funded to the governing body.

DTSGB - (rifle and pistols Paralympic) received Sport England funding of £4m only for disabled shooters of Paralympic shooting disciplines - we are not a Paralympic discipline and their funds are allocated for their shooters for the next years up to Rio 2016 - ring fenced so not able access any funds. The DSG has affiliated to them in preparation of clays being accepted as they have all the policies in place and are prepared to umbrella us and not govern us (as they admit they haven't a clue about clays).

DSP (disabled shooting project) - British Shooting project funded for a 4 year period by Sport England to increase disabled participation in the shooting sports - all forms of shooting - no spare funds to support as again grass routes level.

Awards for All - local funding available of small grants - we do not fit the criteria as clay shooting is already funded by Sport England even though disabled is not covered.

In conclusion I apologise again for my very stupid ASSUMPTION.
After reading that, why do I feel like you are still SHOUTING at us? You are pioneering 'elite' disabled sports men, at the moment you do not enjoy a fully funded program, you may have to self fund untill you can prove your worth in the medal winning stakes, nothing attracts sponsorship/funding like sucsess!!! Funnily enough, that's the way it works for most, you prove yourself, spending your own money, then when you've won something big, maybe, just maybe someone will reward your talent/sucsess with some £££ help...by all means ask for help, educate us on the problems you face, you will get plenty support...but when you come on all aggressive accusing us of this/that/the other don't be surprised if some of us get pissed off with you!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ... Matt or Mods can you please lock this thread now. For some reason James is intent on turning everything into aggression when it is not.

Mal has just explained in detail something that several people may not know.....and he did it in an informative way. James has chosen to interprete it 'his' way and not as Mal has said it.

Mal is new to forums and not used to the capital thing yet. He is using it as emphasis not shouting.

Please don't respond to James...I am not sure why he is hovering...waiting to post....on a subject he is not interested in.

I will start a new thread next week which will detail the massive help received from all those on here who have read posts as they were intended.

Maybe as James has no interest he could kindly avoid the next thread.

Happy Easter everyone...shame it is a rubbish day for shooting.

Last edited:
After reading that, why do I feel like you are still SHOUTING at us? You are pioneering 'elite' disabled sports men, at the moment you do not enjoy a fully funded program, you may have to self fund untill you can prove your worth in the medal winning stakes, nothing attracts sponsorship/funding like sucsess!!! Funnily enough, that's the way it works for most, you prove yourself, spending your own money, then when you've won something big, maybe, just maybe someone will reward your talent/sucsess with some £££ help...by all means ask for help, educate us on the problems you face, you will get plenty support...but when you come on all aggressive accusing us of this/that/the other don't be surprised if some of us get pissed off with you!!! ;)

:banghead:   :banghead:   :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back