Tennis elbow - again

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is slowly healing - still get some pain occasionally., but its getting there - exercises have helped, and the brace i mentioned earlier in this thread.

Mine is slowly healing - still get some pain occasionally., but its getting there - exercises have helped, and the brace i mentioned earlier in this thread.
unfortunately is a fairly slow process Matt. Keep going with the exercises especially when it does not hurt.

THe elbow is pretty sore right now, GP said it will die down in the next day or so, will definitely start the exercises once the pain has eased, I use a light dumbell and hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Increase the grip on your shotgun and any other things you use a lot. If your job involves repetitive actions....take regular breaks.

And don't under any circumstance have long phone calls (business or private) with the phone in your hand - especially a mobile - use an ear piece.

Those simple things cured mine.

I think the mobile is the culprit, have dug the headphones out now and use those. Elbow has reacted to the cortisone and is a bit tender this morning, hopefully a day of painkillers and it will be ready for the weekend at Kegworth!

I swear to God....long time holding mobile to ear .....is a killer...then once it starts .....even holding a landline phone....becomes a problem.

I sussed that bit (because I don't do quacks) when I was mobileless during a 2 week shoot abroad....and it felt much better.

Using stylus on iPad or I phone....is another (although I need that)....so you have to have breaks and hold it very lightly in an unusual balancing way so that you are not gripping it......then you get away with it.

As you know....I am not medically trained....these are things that as an ex-engineer...I worked out by just analysing my movements.

So increase grip of anything you 'have' to hold.....lighten the grip when using small grip objects ....have breaks between repetitive actions....and most of all use ear phones or headsets rather than holding in hand.

Right the elbow is a lot better, took 3 days for the cortisone injection to wear off, there is still a slight twinge but its nowhere near as bad as it was. If you have TE or GE or both, get yourself injected!!

Latest posts

Back