SW Region AGM

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

George Albert Hotel, Wardon Hill 7.30pm this Friday 6th. February.

Come and air your views and opinions.

The siting of our SW Championships and Inter-County Championships is going to be a big problem this year due to the lack of grounds. Nick Fellows will be attending the meeting and will take questions from the floor. Plus we need new officers for the region and they will be elected on the night.

Look forward to seeing you.

:fie:  It will be a bit like a bunch of funeral directors around a corpse trying to decide where to burry the body? :fie:

Thank you all for your contribution. It has been noted and be assured that reference will be made at some time in the not too distant future.

I suggest the jobs of secretary and treasurer are split as the combined role is probably unattractive. Poor old Chairman must be struggling a bit!

Tinker bell said:
Who is the Chairman? Still Bobbykins?
Tony Read from Dorset is doing the who lot,  Chairman /Secretary.

plus hes treasurer for Dorset. We need more interest to hold it together.

Obviously were up sh*t creek regarding grounds but sure we can do 

something Inter Counties wise. :blind:

:fie:  Yeah, the best organized region in the CPSA with nowhere to shoot? :crazy:  

Poor old Tony Read has a lot on his plate! I would be there if it were not for my wife's birthday dinner on the same evening. Let's hope we can still get a few inter county things going for this year! 

:fie:  Yeah, the best organized region in the CPSA with nowhere to shoot? :crazy:  
Well Cyril, we can still shoot at Purbeck.......for the moment, there is the new ground being set up by Kev and Anthea (sporting only), just down the road from SC, but no fast trap in sight!!! Hard times for Dorset trap shooters mate!!!!

Don't pander to the dopey old sod Les. He couldn't care less what happens out here.

There has hardly been a clamour to take over the role vacated by the secretary who was voted in at the AGM last year. We had a stand-in for one meeting and he vanished without trace and then we had another for a very short period who also resigned rather quickly. 

The bare truth is that no one, except for a tiny minority, have any interest in local CPSA committees, neither Regional or County. Its the usual faces who trudge on year after year flogging a dead horse trying to create interest and protect their members interests. I don't know what the answer is, I really don't. 

The reason that I could'ent care less as Ian "suggests" is that I have attended most of the meetings till 2008 or so? in effect about 40 years?, I banged my head against a brick wall for far too long! 

Now we have lost most of the grounds in Somerset and another will go soon?  I am not going to worry about grounds in Cornwall or any almost in Glos., there is very little in central Somerset and I doubt very much whether there will be any new long term competition grounds in the future? I see the writing on the wall! but as Ian says i'm just a dopey old sod! :crazy:

its like a secret kept till the last minute..3 days notice? i would have been interested in attending but having only seen the post yesterday i already have arrangements.

seen as i saw this i thought i would check when the Dorset one was.....oh look 2 weeks ago!!

it makes it seem like some secretive set of clubs that only tell people they were open after they have closed.

no wonder they struggle to generate more interest!

surely a mass email to members in the appropriate area would be a better solution than randomly posting on the odd forum?

or is it simply you really do not want more people to attend?

its like a secret kept till the last minute..3 days notice? i would have been interested in attending but having only seen the post yesterday i already have arrangements.

seen as i saw this i thought i would check when the Dorset one was.....oh look 2 weeks ago!!

it makes it seem like some secretive set of clubs that only tell people they were open after they have closed.

no wonder they struggle to generate more interest!

surely a mass email to members in the appropriate area would be a better solution than randomly posting on the odd forum?

or is it simply you really do not want more people to attend?
It was posted in Pull ages ago and its been on the website for a long time.

I expect because it wasn't printed in block capitals you couldn't read it.

Well he wasn't interested enough to read his Pull magazine or look at the website so apart from knocking on his front door and inviting him to attend personally..................

Latest posts

Back