Stratstone Super Seven at Royal Berkshire Shooting School

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lead Belly, the way I've been shooting lately, I'd struggle in 'C' class. But of course I've always had to work for a living, never been able to skive of 'just for a pop'.

I really hope this competition works for Dylan

BUT looking at scores there has only been eight or so shoot it , my one main concern is that game shooters genrally don't like the competition element of things they prefer enjoyment and doing it for fun then on the clay shooter front because it is tricky some will stay away because they can't hit their AVERAGE !!!!

Just a point from me , I shall be back there soon with a cunning plan

Steve

What's the plan Steve tell me. Korky and myself are going to have a go at this I just need some practice first on the tower at Doveridge . I'm going to stand in Staffordshire and shoot the tower in Derbyshire using the mighty Hull sovereigns.

I would love to have a crack at it...but I don't fancy the 700+ mile round trip....

As Nicola says, I think this will do just fine... I've spoken to a number of people who are booking in to go... one person even asked me for tips - silly fool.

I suggested 'praying' as a tactic, not sure if it will work.

I'll be back as soon as I can figure out a dry, non-windy day where I can wear stilts to get closer. 

Whilst we are on the game theme I realise someone back gunning in the woods may just bag me the Aston sorry Steve the cat is out of the bag :eek:nthequiet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lead Belly, you need some inside information on the target presentation and then practice on the bottom or top step of the High Pheasant stand at Hodnet.

By the time you could guarantee a 23 you'd have spent enough to buy a Vanquish.

I think your all forgetting highest score from the 100  is a 5k rolex !!!

Pretty good prize i reckon.

If a c-class chancer like me can hit 12ex25 on that - then I reckon a top shooter can get much closer than that... I wouldn't be surprised to see this get won. 

The £5k Rollie is a lovely prize, even if the top score on the tower is 20 - then the winner will need to be close to 90ex100 to take that prize. 

As Nic says - if you don't like the odds, don't go - but I know I'll be back.

Yes well said Nicola ,, and all you have to do is hit 23 with 26 cartridges with full use of gun on one of them

This is good at Rbss , we as competition shooters can go for the next three months qualify for final and then carry on and do the handicap classic , great news for me as I miss out on Sunday comps

Haven't seen the targets yet but from what you guys are saying it wouldn't surprise me if someone did it ,

Anyway its great to go to RBSS, brilliant shooting ground. 

I really cannot understand the whining going on here.

When a Golf Tournament offer a car for a hole in one, do the organisers select a par one hole?

Get real, there is a very good probability that a car can be won at RBSS.

Stop whinging and go and have a shot at it.

Your having a 100 bird shoot for £1 a shot. You can pay nearly that much to shoot a 100 bird competition with very little  chance of winning anything.

Knowing you lot if anyone did win the car you will be saying "Jammy bugger", "They were very lucky", " He cheated, you know".

It's £50 for the 50 bird sporting and two goes at 25 bird tower challenge
So 50p a shot.

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

Latest posts

Back