Stolen goods

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And THAT is where the school should be taking more positive action, thus showing both Parents,  and, more importantly, the child, that this sort of behaviour will NOT be tolerated. 

And THAT is where the school should be taking more positive action, thus showing both Parents,  and, more importantly, the child, that this sort of behaviour will NOT be tolerated. 
True, but for me, I very much saw this as my job (as a parent) to instill right from wrong.

But sadly whilst I'd hope most Teachers should know the difference, it's clear that many parents just don't give a damn. And of course, as each generation passes, the gulf get's bigger. 

Very sorry to hear of the breakin.  We've been burgled 3 times in different houses, the first 2 times I was so distraught as they had gone through everything that we had to move.  Police were great at that time as the shotguns had been stolen.  On both occasions police had an idea who it was (someone who knew us which was not a nice thought) but proving it was difficult.  In our current house we got broken into before we actually moved in as we were doing house up, washing machine and thousands of pounds worth of power tools taken. Then a few years ago a back window got broken and it looked like one person got in and took the 'penny jar' which had about £45 in it and small bits of jewellery, good stuff in safe thankfully.  Since them shed got broken into so we now have CCTTV covering whole house and back garden, garage etc and an alarm which contacts us via phone if it goes off, also a pad in bedroom for just in case.  Thankfully since then no problems.  

Its awful we have to be like this but we all have to protect ourselves in any way we can and as a woman I feel better when at home alone that I have that protection, mind you, we did set it off accidentally once and not one person came round to see if everything was OK! 

We had local police round to basically advised us not to keep money, jewellery on view as mostly it is junkies trying to get enough money for next fix, they never took phones, iPods, iPads or cameras as they have gps and can be located etc but it is an awful feeling that someone has been in your house, rifling through your drawers, throwing things on floor and over bed etc, and even weeks or months later you find things have gone, I went to wear a bracelet that my dad gave me for my 50th one evening, went to where it should have been and it wasn't there.  I just broke down as he is very ill and you think you've got over it but it's always there.

I now lock up, alarm on every time I go out, if the scum bags pull up on our driveway big signs with smiley faces greet them with 'smile, you are being recorded' everywhere.  They soon move off.  Personally, I would chop their effing hands off, they'd find it hard to thieve then!  Unfortunately it is a way of life for some people, it's their job as they haven't got the intelligence to make a living the normal way.

But unless the circle is completed that attitude leads nowhere.

A friend of ours is .... or at least was, a teacher at an inner city school in Birmingham. Attempts to discipline kids followed by a quiet word with a parent resulted in her being occasionally spat at and told to learn her place. She told the education department to shove it.

Disciplining kids without involving the parents is totally useless and if the parent doesn't support the teacher you are wasting your time. I can't tell you how many times I pulled a detention because I was late to school. To this day my mother couldn't meet a deadline if she tried and will be late for her own friggin funeral. A 2 hour warning of leaving for a trip to the shops etc is greeted first by some snide remark about how she does not need to be reminded of the time we are leaving and then 2 hours later by a quick trip to spruce up, take a shower and get changed, net result we leave 20 mins late. On the day of my wedding she was supposed to accompany me to the church in my car. Eventually I jumped in and drove myself arriving about 20 minutes late in a complete mess. I got a grilling about it from my F.I.L and later had to put up with 'Her' attitude for being left to arrive with the rest of the wedding party.

Blaming the kids is not always fair! Sodding parents are the problem so much of the time!

( I shall now get off this couch and retire to the office to do some work ........ spleen well and truly vented! )

:) :)

17 hours ago, westley said:
So could you enlighten me as to WHOM is teaching them the "I know my rights"  carp  ?  Prior to my retirement it was part of my job to go into schools to speak to classes of 12 to 16 year olds. I would in no way allow them to speak to me, in the same manner that they spoke to members of teaching staff, BUT the teaching staff just accepted it as 'the norm'. If they are allowed to behave in any manner that they think fit inside school, that is then carried outside school !

None of the teachers I know (my wife is one, with many years experience in a tough school) are teaching them about 'rights' 

Consecutive governments (on both sides) have been happy to lump responsibilities onto teachers (teach them about sex, teach them about money, teach them not to be radicalised etc etc etc) - none of those things should be the job of a teacher.   Each thing added is a detriment to the job of teaching the proper curriculum. 

Teachers are hamstrung from issuing proper discipline, first by the rules of weaker and weaker education ministries, and then Mummy and Daddy that rush into school shouting and screaming that little Johnny has been kept behind for detention (or in the old days clipped round the ear). 

Your argument is weak.... even if the schools allowed that (which they don't) then the parents should correct at home.  My 17 year old son has been bought up the right way, the same cannot be said for many people who devolve the responsibility to their teachers. 

17 hours ago, westley said:

Rubbish - complete rubbish.

2 hours ago, Nimbusgb said:
But unless the circle is completed that attitude leads nowhere.

A friend of ours is .... or at least was, a teacher at an inner city school in Birmingham. Attempts to discipline kids followed by a quiet word with a parent resulted in her being occasionally spat at and told to learn her place. She told the education department to shove it.

Disciplining kids without involving the parents is totally useless and if the parent doesn't support the teacher you are wasting your time. I can't tell you how many times I pulled a detention because I was late to school. To this day my mother couldn't meet a deadline if she tried and will be late for her own friggin funeral. A 2 hour warning of leaving for a trip to the shops etc is greeted first by some snide remark about how she does not need to be reminded of the time we are leaving and then 2 hours later by a quick trip to spruce up, take a shower and get changed, net result we leave 20 mins late. On the day of my wedding she was supposed to accompany me to the church in my car. Eventually I jumped in and drove myself arriving about 20 minutes late in a complete mess. I got a grilling about it from my F.I.L and later had to put up with 'Her' attitude for being left to arrive with the rest of the wedding party.

Blaming the kids is not always fair! Sodding parents are the problem so much of the time!

( I shall now get off this couch and retire to the office to do some work ........ spleen well and truly vented! )

:) :)

This. This is what teachers deal with daily. Abuse from parents, who's little snowflakes are brought up to be entitled to everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In my primary school days the teachers had carte blanche on kids in their charge, you daren't even tell your parents you were smacked by a teacher or in my case a Jandarm in the street  :lol:  for misbehaving because a second beating would have been in the offing. Even at boarding school here in the 70's I recall being caned.  :lol:  And look what an absolute horror I turned out to be. I am an emotional wreck at times thinking about those adults trying to teach me right from wrong.  :lol:

A few "love taps" as my father called them when they are young would would make them think about being responsible for there actions.

When i was younger the mere mention from a copper that he would have words with my dad was enough to make me behave impeccably for days.

But being politically correct these days is more important than bringing up children to be responsible law abiding adults with an understanding of decent behaviour.

Once a scumbag always a scumbag!

Bollocks to being politically correct the UK is the worse in the world for that sh*t :angel:

If that offended anyone then tough sh*t :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your R1 theft Battue :(

Here's hoping your not insured through MCE :(

None of the teachers I know (my wife is one, with many years experience in a tough school) are teaching them about 'rights' 

Consecutive governments (on both sides) have been happy to lump responsibilities onto teachers (teach them about sex, teach them about money, teach them not to be radicalised etc etc etc) - none of those things should be the job of a teacher.   Each thing added is a detriment to the job of teaching the proper curriculum. 

Teachers are hamstrung from issuing proper discipline, first by the rules of weaker and weaker education ministries, and then Mummy and Daddy that rush into school shouting and screaming that little Johnny has been kept behind for detention (or in the old days clipped round the ear). 

Your argument is weak.... even if the schools allowed that (which they don't) then the parents should correct at home.  My 17 year old son has been bought up the right way, the same cannot be said for many people who devolve the responsibility to their teachers. 

Rubbish - complete rubbish.

This. This is what teachers deal with daily. Abuse from parents, who's little snowflakes are brought up to be entitled to everything. 
  Yes, I can fully understand WHY !

In my primary school days the teachers had carte blanche on kids in their charge, you daren't even tell your parents you were smacked by a teacher or in my case a Jandarm in the street  :lol:  for misbehaving because a second beating would have been in the offing. Even at boarding school here in the 70's I recall being caned.  :lol:  And look what an absolute horror I turned out to be. I am an emotional wreck at times thinking about those adults trying to teach me right from wrong.  :lol:
It obviously worked..............................I presume that you have a gun licence ??????

Sorry to hear about your R1 theft Battue :(

Here's hoping your not insured through MCE :(
Thanks and yes.

The good news, but probably bad, is the bike has been recovered and is being held for forensics. Any claim will depend on the amount of damage caused. As if its under my huge excess, it won't be worth the bother so costing me even more. I do wish they would make a return visit!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather have my tools back.

On the bright side, they left my Bandit, Fireblade, and all my welding gear - woohoo!!!!!!!

Back