Squadded shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebo

Thinking about going to Chalk Farm first thing on the 23rd Sept and then booking onto the 150 bird shoot at Highwayman's in the afternoon.  I've never shot a squadded competition and am feeling a bit nervous about it as I'll be booking in on my own.  If I end up on a squad full of AA shooters my lowly B class skills are going to stick out like a sore thumb.  I'm relying on you lot to reassure me that I'm being daft and it'll all be fine. 

You will be fine. Think first I ever did was at Owls Lodge and was in a squad with several AA's. They are human like the rest of us but with the added bonus that you get to see how they approach each target in terms of hold point, kill point, which target to take first in a simo pair etc. That helps a lot imho. So just crack on and have fun. If you struggle no doubt they will also give you some good pointers.

You're being daft, it'll all be fine. ???. Seriously, you won't be intimidated at all. You paid the same as them so why not enjoy it, even if you miss the odd bird here and there. If any squad members do have a good day, I'm sure you'll learn an awful lot from them as well.

Steve (MM)

Look at it from a different perspective.

In a squad with good shooters, you'll probably shoot better  :D

Have witnessed this quite often.

Thinking about going to Chalk Farm first thing on the 23rd Sept and then booking onto the 150 bird shoot at Highwayman's in the afternoon.  I've never shot a squadded competition and am feeling a bit nervous about it as I'll be booking in on my own.  If I end up on a squad full of AA shooters my lowly B class skills are going to stick out like a sore thumb.  I'm relying on you lot to reassure me that I'm being daft and it'll all be fine. 
Don't be a silly billy.  By the way when I booked on for the Highwaymans - the way they have it set up, you can see who is on a squad or you could when I booked.  Shame you aren't doing it on Friday, could have shot together at last.

Don't be a silly billy.  By the way when I booked on for the Highwaymans - the way they have it set up, you can see who is on a squad or you could when I booked.  Shame you aren't doing it on Friday, could have shot together at last.
I'm only doing the Saturday because we're going on holiday in the general area and that happens to be the day the holiday starts.  Means I don't have to drive all the way back down to the south coast after having shot 250 targets.  If the holiday started a day earlier I would have tried to join you on the Friday.

Might see you at AGL on Friday. Hope I can get around in good time, as a friend has dropped out of a lesson with Ed S in the afternoon so I'm heading straight up to Sporting Targets afterwards to take their place.

I'm only doing the Saturday because we're going on holiday in the general area and that happens to be the day the holiday starts.  Means I don't have to drive all the way back down to the south coast after having shot 250 targets.  If the holiday started a day earlier I would have tried to join you on the Friday.

Might see you at AGL on Friday. Hope I can get around in good time, as a friend has dropped out of a lesson with Ed S in the afternoon so I'm heading straight up to Sporting Targets afterwards to take their place.
Hopefully see you at AGL.  We'll shoot together some time no doubt.

Hope I can get around in good time, as a friend has dropped out of a lesson with Ed S in the afternoon so I'm heading straight up to Sporting Targets afterwards to take their place.
So you'll be an AA shooter next time. :p

Have fun!

Don't worry about it, remember that everyone you are shooting with will only be interested in what they are doing. 

Just like getting on a bus, you never know who's on it. But do you really care!. You'll be fine. 

Always enjoyed being squadded with the AA and AAA learnt quite a bit about shooting and myself whilst in thier company, hope you too get something positive from the experience?

Bebo, you will be fine.  My first time I was squadded on my own was a fitasc in France, luckily I had a few Brits who took me under their wing and I was ok.  

I look at it as a chance to meet new people, and the others are right, if they are better than you it will 'raise your game' too, take a chance to watch the better shooters, you learn an awful lot from watching. 

Apart from that, enjoy it and remember they were B class shooters once (some of us are still trying to get there) ?  

Dont be frightened to ask advice, if they are decent people they won't mind sharing with you and if they don't, then they are not worth knowing anyway. You may start nervous and hesitant but once you've broken a few clays you'll settle down, just do your own thing and enjoy it.

As said, don`t worry Jen! you will be fine, i know your not shy,as you`ll speak to anyone! :D   I have always shot in squadded comps in the past, great time to meet and make new friends. we can chat on Saturday! 

When I first started, I found squads quite nice. It was wandering around on my own with scary looking strangers everywhere that seemed more forbidding. On a squad, I do make a point of saying hi to everybody before we start to break any ice.

The best bit will be the smile inside when you occasionally beat one on a stand,it will happen and then you realise they are no different ;)

Highwayman's will be a breeze. Always a good round and runs well. Chalk farm will be different to anywhere you have been before.

Latest posts

Back