Spreader Shell

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m always amazed how little open cartridges actually assist when shooting. I shot some 9s through cylinder recently and the tiniest operator error still ended up in a miss. If you do use a spreading shell, FFS don’t relax your effort to centre the clay. 

I’m always amazed how little open cartridges actually assist when shooting. I shot some 9s through cylinder recently and the tiniest operator error still ended up in a miss. If you do use a spreading shell, FFS don’t relax your effort to centre the clay. 
Good advice. Ya still have to work as hard to break them.. 

Another point of view . Send your 38 to Teague Precision ( I did )  . Order 4 chokes only , 2 x .015  1 x 0.25  1 x 0.30  . This will stop you having too many choices . 

Shoot all your clays with the 3/8 , then for game do what I do and forget to change to the other two chokes , realise you’re still killing everything with the 3/8 and a good cartridge ( 30gm Black Gold 6  do nicely )  , put the other 2 in a drawer until you really , really need them  which will be infrequently . .

As you’re  an engineer , the trade off will be to take the gun down to Teague Prevision yourself and get a tour around  the kit in their machine shop , it’s brilliant ! 

Back