Sporttrap Compak

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At EJC they call it Multisport.. Pretty much all the same I think. Compak can be without the cages in a line though?? The registered version is STR though..

CSC3

For Compak .......the rules are shown on the FITASC site...... So you can compare them to the sportrap shot here.

www.fitasc.com

Look on left hand menu and you can get a printout in English (PDF).

Thanks all

I think Churchills put something like this on on Wednesdays or Thursdays, I might pop up and have a go

They do, starting 5pm until 8pm. I think last summer it was Wednesday skeet, Sportrap (multisport) and DTL, while Thursday is 50 ESP and a grouse sequence.

Call to check though. 01494 883227. Decent money I seem to remember.

CSC3

They do, starting 5pm until 8pm. I think last summer it was Wednesday skeet, Sportrap (multisport) and DTL, while Thursday is 50 ESP and a grouse sequence.

Call to check though. 01494 883227. Decent money I seem to remember.

CSC3
Yep, £8 a round for Skeet the last time I went in the evening to shoot at un-hooped targets, with a sea of broken orange clays and the delay on their wireless release was like being slow pulled every time. Half a dozen of us used to go and shoot 100 clays ESP & ESP on the summer evenings, non e of us have been back since for their evening shoots.

Back on topic I haven't shot their multisport but guess it will be equally expensive.

Jon.

I believe that Compak is the FITASC branded multitrap discipline and that Sportrap is the CPSA version.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe one version uses 5 stands ( ComPaK?) and the other can have 6 stands? In America it is known as 5 stand .

It was then they bumped the Skeet to £8 for non members, they may have dropped it again but there is no point *practicing* on non regulation targets.

They wouldn't listen even when I pointed out I was a qualified ESK referee shooting 20k targets a year! :(

Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that both Compak and Sportrap are shot from five stands and both have a proper set of rules.

The Sportrap sequence is One single with full use of the gun,One pair on report and then One sim pair.

This equals five birds from five stands equals 25 birds from five traps.

Starting from cage one each shooter shoots a single,then a report pair,then a sim pair,then everybody moves up one.

The next round starts with same shooter every time,ie,the shooter now in cage two,

I think Compak is more or less the same.

I shoot Sportrap at Orston regularly.It's challenging and enjoyable and as you move down the line of cages,almost 25 different birds.

Vic.

Re. compaq,i was told sunday by someone who shoots it a lot thjat you have to shoot at both targets in a dble ie,cann't shoot the first target with your second shot if you miss it?never new that.

It was then they bumped the Skeet to £8 for non members, they may have dropped it again but there is no point *practicing* on non regulation targets. They wouldn't listen even when I pointed out I was a qualified ESK referee shooting 20k targets a year! :( Jon.
May be worth checking with them again - they have just refurbished that Skeet layout by the car park - they may have fixed those issues?

Ok just got off the phone with EJC, this is what they told me

Late nights book in from 5pm to 7pm must finish shooting by 8pm

Wednesday

Skeet x 25 @ £5

Choice of 2 Multi sport layouts x 25 @ £5

Grouse sequence x25 @ £5

Thursday

50 ESP non member @ £17

Given that this is a Premier ground in the south; thats a decent deal!!

2 multi-sport layouts is great.

CSC3

Ok just got off the phone with EJC, this is what they told me

Late nights book in from 5pm to 7pm must finish shooting by 8pm

Wednesday

Skeet x 25 @ £5

Choice of 2 Multi sport layouts x 25 @ £5

Grouse sequence x25 @ £5

Thursday

50 ESP non member @ £17
Is that members rates? As on thier website they say a discount is applied for members and it is £345.00 per year for membership.

Andy - I believe the only members discount they mentioned was the ESP at £15 , but best to double check

I shall probably check it out next week, work and weather depending

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back