Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practice today with my son at Coniston. 

Enjoyable morning with us both finishing on 62. My son is the moral victor based on experience with me having 400 clays under my belt and he having just 10!

Maybe I can swing it back in my favour by playing the ‘senior’ card having +30 years on him?

I'm a proud dad

That’s a shame Sian, I don’t think the county level stuff is advertised anywhere near enough to get the interest. It took me ages digging around to find out anything about the Essex team and it seems they only really shoot dtl and double rise.  Hope you manage to have a decent day out despite the lack of team members 
The National Intercounties dates are published by CPSA at beginning of year, your region / hosting ground will decide & publish / promote their own respective shoots, it does appear that some counties & regions (their volunteers) are very proactive and a lot struggle. Am lucky that both Glos & the WM regions are run very well at present.

Appears Essex sent a Senior, Ladies & Veterans team

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed Honesberie today. Long line to sign in but that actually meant people filtered on to the course gradually and it flowed around nicely. I don't think I had to wait for more than 3 people to shoot in front of me on any stand.

Great target variety and great to see all the county teams around.

Started pretty terribly (10 away after first 5 stands) but then it started to click and straighted 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, and 14. Finished on 80 which was 2nd in B class when I left but I doubt that will stick, loads of people still to shoot!

Bloody hell, just seen that Faulds has straighted the course 100/100. That's really something!

I really enjoyed Honesberie today. Long line to sign in but that actually meant people filtered on to the course gradually and it flowed around nicely. I don't think I had to wait for more than 3 people to shoot in front of me on any stand.

Great target variety and great to see all the county teams around.

Started pretty terribly (10 away after first 5 stands) but then it started to click and straighted 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, and 14. Finished on 80 which was 2nd in B class when I left but I doubt that will stick, loads of people still to shoot!

Bloody hell, just seen that Faulds has straighted the course 100/100. That's really something!
We were the 3 Lincolnshire shooters following you round. Nice shoot, shame about the check in queues really. That 100 from RF is just outstanding round there today. Do you know where Honesburie will put their scores up?

It was blowy at times but dry although bbc weather did say showers, need to find better weather app.   It was tipping it down at home though when I woke up.
Try XCWeather. Steve Lovatt put me on to it a couple years ago and I’ve found it to be far and way the most accurate! 

We were the 3 Lincolnshire shooters following you round. Nice shoot, shame about the check in queues really. That 100 from RF is just outstanding round there today. Do you know where Honesburie will put their scores up?
No way, should have said hello. Always great to put a face to the name! 

The competition scores Normally go up on the Mon/Tue after a shoot. However, as it’s a national shoot I would have thought the cpsa would have done something on the main website? 

It was blowy at times but dry although bbc weather did say showers, need to find better weather app.   It was tipping it down at home though when I woke up.
Try metcheck as well. Very good. 

Jasper

Garlands to start today which I enjoyed.   Just one stand tripped me up and both targets quite testing but I let a couple of shooters get under my skin so my error.   I didn’t give the stand enough attention and lost 6/8.  Finished on 78 so not disappointed.   Bit blowy in parts but dry.   Honesberie next and enjoyed it.  We started just round 2pm and there were still quite a lot of people out so it took a while but I enjoyed it and although I found that green in the woods REALLY hard to see I managed to hit it last minute.  Enjoyed the bigger targets.  Finished on an 83, joint 2nd in ladies.  

No way, should have said hello. Always great to put a face to the name! 

The competition scores Normally go up on the Mon/Tue after a shoot. However, as it’s a national shoot I would have thought the cpsa would have done something on the main website? 
Yeah I was the middle aged medium build one of the 3 with the musto baseball cap. Seen quite a few familiar faces today, seems to have been a popular shoot. Will keep an eye out for scores, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything being put up tonight. 

Honesburie for the national inter counties, Just seen the results and managed to finish off the season with a B class win and joint highest score in the Lincolnshire team. Also running at the highest average I've ever had just in excess of 81. Brilliant finish to the season. 
88? Very tidy shoot bud 👍

Not been out much last month, it was very wet n windy first thing so wasn’t going, did blow over around 11 so it was shooting or watching TV, the trip to Gunsite won. Gunsite also got the better of me, did though start quite promisingly, don’t know if it was the no queue in front but but the looming wobble became a full wheels off wagon, it’s been a long time since Ive blanked a stand, did so today, that said some far better shots than I put in 2s & 3s on said stand, imploded dropped 24 / 34 last targets. Memo to self, must shoot more often.

Chris Childerhouse 90 was leading when I left (1.30), quite a few AA & AAA still on course so might not hold.

Same here. Life for me has got in the way of leisure time for the last couple of months and it's amazing how quickly the rust sets in.
That four letter word "work" in my case, it rare that it does, also at this time of year, shorter, wetter, colder days, do reduce / impact the days one will get out

Thought gunsite was good again. Some monster loopers looked to sort a few out. Although the 89 😱 in b looks very tidy. High gun was 94 so not too disappointed with  87. 3 away on our last stand (2) was a little sloppy. But conditions far from ideal. 

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back