Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGL Premier League today. We went early and took first shot on stand 13 at 8.57. Went round quickly until our last stand 1, which had a load of idiots queuing there, while the rest of the course was sparsely populated. So 2 hours all told. 

A decent course I thought. Sure, maybe a few too many fill in stands but also 3 or 4 pretty testing ones. As usual, unhappy with missing some that I shouldn’t, and on two firm stands I hit the first two pairs then dropped a target twice. Looked correct, must have been slowing up. Stand 2 was my idea of a nightmare usually, so glad to straight that. Finished on 87. 94 leading at lunchtime. Should be one or two more out there I think.

First go at Royal Berkshire Handicap Classic yesterday.Shot most of it reasonably well,the odd sloppy mistake which cost me one or two but no disasters.Thought I’d wait until the last stand for that!!Right to left tower midi with fairly narrow window in which to shoot,dropped one of those,it was the second bird that completely baffled me,high left to right midi,didn’t touch a single one,pretty sure i was coming off line and a couple of times giving it too much.Finished on 87+5 CPSA handicap,hopefully this will get me into the final 🤞.Will probably have another go with the side by side at some point for a bit of fun.

First go at Royal Berkshire Handicap Classic yesterday.Shot most of it reasonably well,the odd sloppy mistake which cost me one or two but no disasters.Thought I’d wait until the last stand for that!!Right to left tower midi with fairly narrow window in which to shoot,dropped one of those,it was the second bird that completely baffled me,high left to right midi,didn’t touch a single one,pretty sure i was coming off line and a couple of times giving it too much.Finished on 87+5 CPSA handicap,hopefully this will get me into the final 🤞.Will probably have another go with the side by side at some point for a bit of fun.
Well shot. Yes you’ve probably knocked me out now. 😆

I shot at agl this morning, shot my third new pb in a week two at the Essex masters and then today, I also shot my first registered straight today, Should have straighted more of the stands but made silly “newbie” mistakes but as I’ve only been shooting since December and shot first registered in January I’m giving myself some slack. Progressing well and happy with my shooting 😁

for anyone that’s interested i shot 60 today

I shot at agl this morning, shot my third new pb in a week two at the Essex masters and then today, I also shot my first registered straight today, Should have straighted more of the stands but made silly “newbie” mistakes but as I’ve only been shooting since December and shot first registered in January I’m giving myself some slack. Progressing well and happy with my shooting 😁

for anyone that’s interested i shot 60 today
Very well done, you’re going in the right direction but you will get days/weeks where it does go backwards so don’t get disappointed, but keep it up. 👏

The AGL premier league course was very enjoyable with a bit of everything. I think stand 1 had a few admin issues!! Everywhere else seemed to flow quite well apart from the rabbit/diving duck combo. I enjoyed that stand but couldn’t find the rabbit annoyingly so very costly. I hit the first one then missed the rest - doh

The AGL premier league course was very enjoyable with a bit of everything. I think stand 1 had a few admin issues!! Everywhere else seemed to flow quite well apart from the rabbit/diving duck combo. I enjoyed that stand but couldn’t find the rabbit annoyingly so very costly. I hit the first one then missed the rest - doh
I found myself overleading the rabbit and hanging on to the diving duck cost me dearly too.  

Was intending to go to AGL today, but came down with a cold yesterday and couldn't face 6hrs driving and probably 4hrs to get around.  Sounds like it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Went late to Horne, Gatton Bottom. Flipping hell, toughest one I’ve ever done there. Just awkward on almost every stand. Stand 1 had a 60+ yard stalling midi crosser (the usual one but further out). Plus a green crosser which didn’t exactly break itself. Rest of shoot fiddly as heck, some really hard to see well, or incomers sent from a trap 120 yards away. Anyway, hit 83 with two or three silly misses including a flinch, which happens when I’m struggling. 92 was HG I think and when I left that was 4 clear of next score. 

Went late to Horne, Gatton Bottom. Flipping hell, toughest one I’ve ever done there. Just awkward on almost every stand. Stand 1 had a 60+ yard stalling midi crosser (the usual one but further out). Plus a green crosser which didn’t exactly break itself. Rest of shoot fiddly as heck, some really hard to see well, or incomers sent from a trap 120 yards away. Anyway, hit 83 with two or three silly misses including a flinch, which happens when I’m struggling. 92 was HG I think and when I left that was 4 clear of next score. 
You've made me feel better about only hitting one of those midi crossers on Stand 1.  I missed the first green one, hit the rest.  Struggled on the incomer on Stand 10, didn't hit one of those, but got two of the high incomers that was combined with the battue teal.  Straighted the sim pair with the overhead, but only managed to hit the last pair on the other one - could hit either the teal or the crosser as the first bird, but neither as the second until I realised I was overleading the orange crosser when taken second (and high on it as well I think).

I won't be dissatisfied with my 76 then (although I missed three teals that I shouldn't have and the third pair of the crossers on Stand 7 when I middled the rest of them).

First time I'd touched my gun in 2 months today. Horne with @Bebo and her husband. Dismal score. 

Not too annoyed because shooting has been a long way down the agenda recently. Hope to be out and about more now. 

Biggest dissapointment is still having howlers on the stands the experienced shots use as card fillers.

First time I'd touched my gun in 2 months today. Horne with @Bebo and her husband. Dismal score. 

Not too annoyed because shooting has been a long way down the agenda recently. Hope to be out and about more now. 

Biggest dissapointment is still having howlers on the stands the experienced shots use as card fillers.
If you could tell me where the card fillers were today I would be grateful. 😆

Westfield today for the first time. Nice ground in a lovely setting just so flipping far away for a day return. Very enjoyable targets and the flapjack was awesome so gets my vote for a return. Stand 11 B bird was the card wrecker.

Stand 12, if that was a going away orange following pair. Dropped 4. 

Stand 11. Orange going away from left, pink going away from right but further out. Dropped loads. Can't remeber. 

Stuff that when I shoot regularly doesn't seem so difficult 

Stand 12, if that was a going away orange following pair. Dropped 4. 

Stand 11. Orange going away from left, pink going away from right but further out. Dropped loads. Can't remeber. 

Stuff that when I shoot regularly doesn't seem so difficult 
All fiddly. Stand 12 very hard to see. Stand 11 second target needed great control. Looks easy but isn’t. Makes you feel a fool when you miss. I did only miss one over those two stands but my eyes were on stalks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back