Southdown New Years Day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Hi  all

Just a quick reminder we have 120 sporting over 15 stands, 100 sportrap and 25 sportrap pool shoot with additional flash clay prizes.

Entries 9.30-2.30.

Guaranteed prize fund £500 H/G; £175 1st in class; £125 1st in Ladies & Vets; £60 1st in Junior and £40 1st in Colts

The sportrap is almost fully booked.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Bob

Was going to go but still recovering after the 4+ hours it took me to do the 100 bird sporting on sunday....crazy queues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going. 

Sportrap at 1030 might get a few of the sporting stands done from 930 then finish after the sportrap.

For me,non working traps or erratic traps is the biggest frustration there. 

Always seems to be the high impossible stuff works,  but the midrange breakable stuff is either not working or is erratic in operation

Skeet seems to be the only consistant layout there :)

:santa:

For me,non working traps or erratic traps is the biggest frustration there. 

Always seems to be the high impossible stuff works,  but the midrange breakable stuff is either not working or is erratic in operation

Skeet seems to be the only consistant layout there :)

Breakdowns etc are annoying but for me there are worse things in life to worry about.

Ive told myself that if I'm at a stand and it's bad I'll just walk away and go back later, if I stand there and get wound up I'll only shoot bad.

I work hard so I can afford the car and fuel to get there (plus 2 new tyres after the last trip), gun and cartridges to shoot there once or twice a month.

the track is in pretty good nick, they were out filling holes a week or so ago.
Nothing to do with the state of the road! The parking was full well past overflowing last Sunday. Easier to park somewhere else and get a lift up! :)

Sportrap at 9.30 for us then the sporting - see you all there.  Hope I bloody shoot better than I did at Westfield ?

Breakdowns etc are annoying but for me there are worse things in life to worry about.

Ive told myself that if I'm at a stand and it's bad I'll just walk away and go back later, if I stand there and get wound up I'll only shoot bad.

I work hard so I can afford the car and fuel to get there (plus 2 new tyres after the last trip), gun and cartridges to shoot there once or twice a month.
How did you do 2 tyres?    

Sportrap at 9.30 for us then the sporting - see you all there.  Hope I bloody shoot better than I did at Westfield ?
After my Boxing day fiasco, i'm staying away ...

But a happy new year to you both xx

How did you do 2 tyres?    

Had a flat on the rear drivers side when I was going through Arundel on the way home so I had to use the inflation kit to get the remaining 70 miles home which seems a very long way when you can only do a max of 50MPH.

When I had it replaced I asked the garage about the rear passenger-side and it only had about 1500 miles left so I had them both  done.   

How did you do 2 tyres?    

After my Boxing day fiasco, i'm staying away ...

But a happy new year to you both xx

And to you and yours.  Shame as haven't seen you in ages.

Good shoot today, shame I didn't do it any real justice with 83/120 and I found myself just chucking the gun around rather than reading what the target was doing.  Only a couple of no-birds and the ground-staff seemed to be more active today, perhaps they were keeping on top of things a bit more?

One stand with 2/8 and another with 3/8 then the rest was sloppy with 5/8 & 6/8, got a bit better towards the end but I just didn't feel switched on at any point.

Somehow managed to grab 3rd in class at sportrap which I'm a bit embarrassed about but it's another shoot with another placing for me.

Latest posts

Back