Southdown All Sporting 17.07.2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Hi All

Sunday 17th July there is an all sporting shoot at Southdown this consists of 50 super sporting, 25 new style fitasc and 25 compak. Telephone entries would be good because we need to squad the fitasc and compak but the super sporting will be free range with a ref on each stand. There is a good prize fund as below. There will also be a 100 bird sporting practice layout available.

H/Gun

£175.00

1st in Class A

£150.00

1st in Class B

£150.00

1st in Class C

£150.00

Vets

£125.00

Ladies

£125.00

Juniors

£60.00

Colts

£40.00

Regards

Bob

Hi

No the prize fund for the next shoot is enhanced depending on the number of entries at the previous shoot. Because the selection shoot had good entries it enhances the prize fund for this shoot.

I am sorry I don't know the entry fee for the all sporting. I just set the targets and don't know details of entry fees etc.

The prize fund structure is explained on the Southdown Facebook and website.

Regards

Bob

Hi

No the prize fund for the next shoot is enhanced depending on the number of entries at the previous shoot. Because the selection shoot had good entries it enhances the prize fund for this shoot.

I am sorry I don't know the entry fee for the all sporting. I just set the targets and don't know details of entry fees etc.

The prize fund structure is explained on the Southdown Facebook and website.

Regards

Bob
  :huh: :rolleyes:  Or could it be this shoot is being promoted by Southdown to ensure a decent entry (absolutely nothing wrong with that by the way) whereas the Selection/Inter Counties was an easy draw/captive audience so they just milked it. 

Hamster 

I have answered your question above in a long post in the results post for the selection shoot.

regards

Bob

Hi All

Sunday 17th July there is an all sporting shoot at Southdown this consists of 50 super sporting, 25 new style fitasc and 25 compak. Telephone entries would be good because we need to squad the fitasc and compak but the super sporting will be free range with a ref on each stand. There is a good prize fund as below. There will also be a 100 bird sporting practice layout available.

H/Gun

£175.00

1st in Class A

£150.00

1st in Class B

£150.00

1st in Class C

£150.00

Vets

£125.00

Ladies

£125.00

Juniors

£60.00

Colts

£40.00

Regards

Bob

Hi

I was told this was shot in CPSA ESP classes ie AA A B C?

Is that not the case Bob?

Hi Dean

My understanding is that it will be English sporting classes, I am abroad at the moment but I will confirm and get back to you Asaph

Regards

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what new style fitasc or old style as it may as well be,will it have to be shot gun down or is it more sportasc/supersporting with any gun position?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what new style fitasc or old style as it may as well be,will it have to be shot gun down or is it more sportasc/supersporting with any gun position?
Fitasc old or new style is always gun down I think it has more to do with how the layouts are laid out.

Gun down. 

'Old style' was 5 traps with 3 hoops per layout.

new style is 3,4 or more hoops each with its own set of traps per layout ( in an attempt to get a higher throughput on the grounds, squads can be shooting the same layout simultaneously ....... yeah right! )

Sportasc is a copyrighted format using Fitasc like layouts with no restrictions on gun hold position.

Gun down. 

new style is 3,4 or more hoops each with its own set of traps per layout ( in an attempt to get a higher throughput on the grounds, squads can be shooting the same layout simultaneously ....... yeah right! )

Sportasc is a copyrighted format using Fitasc like layouts with no restrictions on gun hold position.
What's the "yeah right!" all about??? New system has worked great every time I've seen it used!!!

Sportasc (as far as anyone can tell) is Supersporting rebranded...

Hi all

I have just had it confirmed English sporting classes will be used.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi 

I have noticed on my first post about the prize fund i didn't include AA class, sorry the same prize fund applies to all the classes.

Bob

Hi 

I have noticed on my first post about the prize fund i didn't include AA class, sorry the same prize fund applies to all the classes.
Shot this today, had a mare on the Compak forgetting it was Single, Sim, Sim. And old had two in our squad meant we didn't see many targets.

Fitasc was my first go at Fitasc, although it had relaxed rules, I shot it gun down as a true Fitasc. The targets were pretty testing too.

The 50 Super Sporting were some of the best targets I've shot for a while! 

Finished on 19 x 25 on Compak ? 

22 x 25 on Fitasc

48 x 50 on Super Sporting 

The compak clearly lost it for me as really I should of been close to straighting it to be honest.

Think I finished 4th overall 3 from leader.

Southdown really is doing a bloody good job recently!

Back