Skeet- the ideal cartridge please

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruddy ell your local must love you, you got shares in it by any chance ?

Mrs ips made a very nice homemade chicken and leak pie yesterday, was very nice.

Beef casserole tonight ............ ooh hungry now and I have a site meeting to attend at 5-15 so wont be partaking in said meal for a few hours yet, what a drag. that reminds me I better set off.

Asta luego amigo's
Wifey did home made Steak pie yesterday, lovely stuff. So tonight I think it will have to be Game pie with chips! ;)

So glad I'm not the only one, I'm doing a sign survey at Birmingham Airport tonight, it's been a right PITA to organise and can't do it till 8.00 :(
Don't they have a bar Birmingham Airport Ian? :D

Err, yeah, right next door to Boots, funny enough, it's boots in the departure lounge I'm surveying, who'd have thought ............................ :)

Err, yeah, right next door to Boots, funny enough, it's boots in the departure lounge I'm surveying, who'd have thought ............................ :)
Is it duty free in there? If so have one for me Ian. :D

I like the lighthearted chat, and equally find it just as amusing when peeps keep getting stroppy too

I like it here (big smile)

Sign survey at Birmingham Airport.

Shaps this way, Beer, suck and ferks t'other way, if lost ask our wench. Seeya Ta Ra a bit.

Interesting result yesterday.

I shot 21g Rio's they seem quite punchy considering they are 21g, but then again i do have a Isis2, so i may not be that accurate with my view on recoil difference, my body doesn’t mind its my neck that dont like em, Rio's was the best i could find on the day, Ive been shooting skeet now for 3 weeks & my score went from 12/25 to 17/25 yesterday just by using them, interestingly i got my 21g Compx 7-1/2 today, and think it will be just as exiting on the doubles, as i seem to be able to get on the second bird so much quicker.

also i removed the skeet chokes and shot with U2's i normally use for sporting, as this was mentioned above, and i thought it was a great idea ;) , to help hone in to the target better,

cant wait to see the 21's perform on Saturday, again using the U2's.

i get results next week on what they are going to do with me, but a degenerated disc thats causing numbness must be dealt with i would presume..!

Thanks for all you positive feedback, great site and some very helpful genuine responses.

Harley.

Harley,

I think the softest 21g's Ive found are Express HV plastic, I felt they were softer than CompX, breaks are just as good, might be worth a try?

The fiber are again softer than CompX but they went off like a flamethrower last night at floodlit skeet! :oops:

Harley,

To answer your question emphatically Gamebore Super Steel 24g 9's and 28g 9's for competition... As you have recoil issues Comp X 21g 9's but think they only do 9's in plas wad.

Concentrate on the singles and learn how to break them reliably in the same spot every time! That is in the same spot you break it on the doubles.

You really are reading too much into Skeet mate, it needs a very solid technical approach followed by lots of practice to perfect, walk away from it for a few weeks and you are back to square one almost. I spent a few months shooting it with 58 and then a U4 and didn't improve score wise when I went back to a Skeet choke or U0.

OK, I'm not great at skeet but went home pissed off if I shot sub 9394 in practice. Club wise I was fairly reliable for a 4849 ex 50.

Just forget about shells, chokes, guns and all the other sh*t, happy to take you out and give you the basics any time!

Jon.

Hmm does that affect your second bird ?
It singed it a little ;) Best stick to plastic.

Jon,

I know 9's are the recognised skeet size but do you think that 21g 7.5s thru a skeet choke puts you at and real disadvantage if breaking them in the right places, if so can you give me an example please?

I wouldn't argue against 7.5's at all, No, no real disadvantage over 9's; larger shot, more retained energy, irrespective of choke if you put the pattern in the right place the clay is dead, end of!

Th OP asked what is the "Ideal Skeet Cartridge" Skeet is a game of maths, yes, I can break the targets with 7.5's as can RF with FullFull and 6.5's however you will not find a serious skeet shooter that doesn't do the numbers, bear in mind a steel shell has 30% more shot than it's lead comparison. I have yet to attend a skeet major where the majority are not shooting Steel 9's. To be fair, as RF proved you can turn up and shoot it with whatever and still win! for all the average shooters we turn up with a combination that complies with the rules and gives us every advantage within the rules..

Jon.

Back