Skeet shooting fixes a lot of problems

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

As most who know me know my main interests are Sporting & Fitasc shooting now but when I was in my late teens I was a AA skeet shot, that resulted because I went to a registered even with no classification so I was classed on the day, I shot 49 out of my first 50 so I was put in AA I ended up on 96 and got nothing for my efforts so I was kinda put off shooting skeet competitively, but now as the years get on my Sporting is to be honest a little less than sparkling, although I would like to shoot better but I think I'll just enjoy the otters and I've a good score then that's a bonus. I have started shooting Skeet as these birds are more in my comfort zone and If I miss at least I know in myself what I've did wrong (well most of the time) :D Skeet is a brilliant way to learn yourself to resolve problems that might crop up, you have all types of target in Skeet, incomers,crosses & settlers all at different distances and angles, A top Sporting shot was once asked by a decent sporting shooter "I'm averaging 88/100 in Sporting what can I do to improve" and the top shot told him "go shoot some Skeet and when you can shoot 3 X 100 straight go back to sporting and see how you get on !" and think there is a lot of sense in that statement. I wanted to shoot a few more registered Skeet shoots this year so I did my 3 x 100 registered shoots so I could get a class, I did and with an average of 90 dead I am a class B skeet, now that I've got my class I intend to shoot a few more shoots over the coming months. Nige
m492i-07.08.11-175.jpg

George Digweed mentioned this in our recent interview : here - which incidentally has a great picture of your admin."The only exception is if I have been focused on rifle shooting, I might go to a local club and shoot 75 skeet to get my timing back after the discipline of breathing and stillness with the rifle. Clay Shooting is about pulling the trigger while moving, so the two disciplines are very different for me."

Hi Matt, when I just clicked on the 'here' in the post above it took me to a blank page which said at the top 'about blank' ? Just feedback for you.

I wouldn't rule out a round of skeet or two. Might help me with my R>L crossers problem, i.e. missing them!

Hey ''Don't give me those negative vibes man'' :eek: ...........and the film was?????............and it was said by who???????............sat on top of a what??????

Kellys Heroes - fella sat on a tank, can't remember who though...

Good man........ It was Donald Sutherland :eek: :O :DApologies for wandering off topic.....its a female thing...... to do with consentration apparently..........so my coach tells me!!!!

I agree with Nigel, I found Skeet by accident just after I started shooting having been to a 100 bird sporting at Churchills and coming away VERY demoralised. Skeet teaches you to move the gun and keep it moving, IIRC the great GD started out shooting skeet.Like you say, you have every type of target in skeet, skeet in itself isn't that difficult; however shooting 100 straight is as it's a very mental game and you can quickly start bleeding clays. I'm only a C class shooter at the moment, my best registered score is a 93 so far but have shot 96 in practice. An example of how your head can get to you, recent competition at Dartford, shot 23,24,24 I knew the highest in C was a 92.. I started hanging onto birds, thinking about them etc.. I needed 21 to tie 22 to win class..... I shot a 20!!I now shoot some sporting and skeet has massively helped my scores, I know a lot of people look down at skeet but I love it and have made many good friends whilst on the circuit.Cheers,Jon.

I think we should arrange a Forum skeet day out!Stop with those negative waves maaaaaaaan:
kellys-heroes.jpg
The tank's a piece of junk!
0.jpg

Back