Sim Day Yorkshire Recommendations

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
West Nab Shooting Lodge near Holmfirth is a decent set up . Nice people , good drives , good catering set up and takes individual gun bookings . They have a website with contact details and prices ( which are very reasonable) .

West Nab Shooting Lodge near Holmfirth is a decent set up . Nice people , good drives , good catering set up and takes individual gun bookings . They have a website with contact details and prices ( which are very reasonable) .
Yes it’s kind of a toss up between there and Harbro Rocks there are 5 or 6 of us looking at booking a day.

Yes it’s kind of a toss up between there and Harbro Rocks there are 5 or 6 of us looking at booking a day.
Probably the most civilised sim day I’ve been on ( and have two more booked this year ) is at Kelbrook shooting school . They run it in a slightly different manner so that you’re limited to the cartridges used on a drive , but as long as you’ve got a cartridge , the drive continues . This means you don’t find yourself competing against some hot rod being double gunned by his mates , and shooting everything in the sky ‘ . Nice pace, breakfast sandwiches , catered lunch , duck drives , pheasant , and cracking very high pheasant .

Yes a bit of friendly poaching of your mates clays is fun , but I’ve seen sim days ruined by greedy clowns ( just like real days ! ) the Kelbrook version avoids this .

I’ve also heard good things about the Thimbleby days

Probably the most civilised sim day I’ve been on ( and have two more booked this year ) is at Kelbrook shooting school . They run it in a slightly different manner so that you’re limited to the cartridges used on a drive , but as long as you’ve got a cartridge , the drive continues . This means you don’t find yourself competing against some hot rod being double gunned by his mates , and shooting everything in the sky ‘ . Nice pace, breakfast sandwiches , catered lunch , duck drives , pheasant , and cracking very high pheasant .

Yes a bit of friendly poaching of your mates clays is fun , but I’ve seen sim days ruined by greedy clowns ( just like real days ! ) the Kelbrook version avoids this .

I’ve also heard good things about the Thimbleby days
I hadn’t thought of Thimbleby I have been there a good few times to shoot the sporting too 🤪. No one in our shooting group had shot a Sim Day I thought it would be something different and fun to try just wanted to make sure we picked a good start for the first one is all. I will have a look into kelbrook also 👍🏼

Shot at both HR and WN and both decent days out with loads of clays to go at. Difficult to choose between them but I’d go for WN just because it’s nearer. At both you walk between drives. Shot at Towthorpe last year think it was around £300 but that included cartridges and you had to drive between drives. Definitely the most difficult shoot out of the three places I’ve been some really challenging birds.
Looked at Thimbleby but even with cartridges included I think it’s expensive.

Shot at both HR and WN and both decent days out with loads of clays to go at. Difficult to choose between them but I’d go for WN just because it’s nearer. At both you walk between drives. Shot at Towthorpe last year think it was around £300 but that included cartridges and you had to drive between drives. Definitely the most difficult shoot out of the three places I’ve been some really challenging birds.
Looked at Thimbleby but even with cartridges included I think it’s expensive.
Spoke to a guy at the club who does sim days fairly regularly and he spoke very highly of WN having shot at all 3 places you mention 👍🏼

Back