Shooting holiday destinations?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

I'm looking for some inspiration for a shooting holiday. My son and I went to Portugal last year and had a great time, easy to travel to with the guns, friendly club owner, lovely villa and great weather.

Cyprus and Italy spring to mind but open to any suggestions, probably 7-10 days, just my son (15) and I so more of a lads jolly than family holiday.

Uk 

Time holiday to take in consecutive weekends for two major shoots if poss, or one normal comp followed by a major. Alternate week days sight seeing and training at the ground. A heavenly holiday with no faffing with foreign travel foreign food and most importantly foreigners.

Bliss.

xUk 

Time holiday to take in consecutive weekends for two major shoots if poss, or one normal comp followed by a major. Alternate week days sight seeing and training at the ground. A heavenly holiday with no faffing with foreign travel foreign food and most importantly foreigners.

Bliss.
​As a foreigner (mainly), I object to your post. :tease:  (emoticon to signify that I don't really object, but in the spirit of things...)

Foreign travel: decent weather, interesting food and booze, cheaper ammo, people you haven't met before... Bliss

Why not try somewhere like the US (Florida, Texas - try some other guns and types of shooting), or how about Italy (head towards Brescia and take in some of the gun factories).  Even Spain, plenty of shooting grounds, and I can vouch for the food and drink!

Believe me my friend my tongue was firmly in cheek. I love foreign food foreign weather and foreign wine.  I would move to south of France tommorow. 

No offence intended was just my attempt at humour. Still reckon my idea is good though. Mrs ips has endured such holidays for twenty years but she is one in a zillion as anyone who has met her will testify; )

Think I will have to do some research on both. Was tempted to drive to Italy, make a bit of a road trip of it...only downside is I'll probably swap the Ford for some cool old Alfa Romeo and 1 or 2 new guns, all of which according to rumours will breakdown before I get back to the UK :eek: .

Florida, presume better to hire guns when I get out there as looks like hassle taking our own.

US could be cool. Shoot auto and pistol and fifty cal Barratt etc BUT I know folk who have done it and it's chuffing expensive. 

IPS - sorry, no offence was taken at all, my reply was meant to be equally tongue in cheek - except for the suggestions of where to consider.

Cockney - if you opt for the US, I would look to hire guns out there, although someone on here is bound to know how to travel to the US with guns - wasn't there a thread last year sometime about people going to Florida for an international comp or something like that?

BTC 

I know it was mate I just covered myself before those of a certain disposition jumped in :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Southport can be quite a nice venue too.  2 small grounds for sporting and dtl within reasonable distance and of course bigger grounds like Kelbrook, Blackpool and Coniston Hall, all within easy reach. Could be a slight language barrier, but W.H. Smiths sell Polish phrase books. A wonderful beach where the tide comes in once each week. On the downside, you will not be able to fish anywhere in the area, courtesy of the local Council, nor will you be able to shoot anywhere near what was once a superb marshland with an abundance of wildfowl,  as a result of a joint effort by both aforementioned Council backed by the R.S.P.B. You will of course be able to visit the many charity shops situated within the town. I think the sun is due to shine there sometime in July but I can not be certain of the date. If you did need medical attention you had better be prepared to be referred to the 'sister' hospital, some 10 miles away but there is an hourly bus service. So ample shooting grounds, more sand than Dubai, not too much of a language problem and enough charity shops for that 'retail therapy'..........................Bet Florida does not look so inviting now,   Heh.       It makes it easy to see why FOUR Councillors AND their wives went to Florida, all expenses paid,  to convince the American Public to come and holiday there !

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, not really ips........................corruption starts at the bottom and just gets bigger the higher you go !    Problem is we are expected to vote for one of them shortly too.

Vote! 

Yes a sort of vote for the best of a bad bunch sort of thing. 

My vote goes for whoever will over turn pistol ban and fox hunting ban. But has anyone got big enough balls, I think not so won't bother I don't do politics.

Just saying. 

I'm looking for some inspiration for a shooting holiday. My son and I went to Portugal last year and had a great time, easy to travel to with the guns, friendly club owner, lovely villa and great weather.

Cyprus and Italy spring to mind but open to any suggestions, probably 7-10 days, just my son (15) and I so more of a lads jolly than family holiday.
​CYPRUS.

Back