Shooting ground near Bristol?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not self - buttoning practice though is it? You're not comparing like with like are you?

Brook bank was a great choice. I was lucky with the rain. Stopped when I got there, started again while I was having a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich - the best bacon I have had at a shooting ground: they buy from a local farmer - then stopped when I went back out for my last 75.
Used the clay mate and shot all of the 250 Superfast I bought (you have to use Hull or Fiocchi (can't spell) as they are quieter than other shells, apparently)

Shot almost everything as sim pairs. Great practice ;)

Brook bank was a great choice. I was lucky with the rain. Stopped when I got there, started again while I was having a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich - the best bacon I have had at a shooting ground: they buy from a local farmer - then stopped when I went back out for my last 75.

Used the clay mate and shot all of the 250 Superfast I bought (you have to use Hull or Fiocchi (can't spell) as they are quieter than other shells, apparently)

Shot almost everything as sim pairs. Great practice ;)
Glad you enjoyed it, now did the girl enjoy Bristol?

Brook bank was a great choice. I was lucky with the rain. Stopped when I got there, started again while I was having a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich - the best bacon I have had at a shooting ground: they buy from a local farmer - then stopped when I went back out for my last 75. Used the clay mate and shot all of the 250 Superfast I bought (you have to use Hull or Fiocchi (can't spell) as they are quieter than other shells, apparently) Shot almost everything as sim pairs. Great practice ;)
Gnasher, you were extremely discreet - sorry I missed you at first. But, we are very pleased you enjoyed your visited to BB - we were busy and rather disorganised today, but I'm pleased I had a chance to speak to you at the end - we always try to speak to new visitors. 

BB, tries - not always - to please most people. Tomorrow we'll be catering for registered DTL shooters - many in the south west are top scorers, requiring the best targets, as well as regular visitors for skeet, fast trap and sporting practice. We decided many years ago that BB was never going to be the best ground for any particular discipline, so be try to please most. Our trap and skeet targets are always set (even for practice) to regulation angles/speeds, and we offer many different sporting targets for practice. Had you stayed a little later this afternoon you would have seen John Pool, George Parsons & Pete Hurst - local top sporting/fitasc shots who admit our targets are testing. We might not have an extremely high tower - our right-to-left high crosser catches most of the best shots out, any day! 

There's not many grounds where you can shoot 50 English Skeet practice followed by 50 English Sporting - this is popular with our customers, so it obviously works for them. Olympic Trap and Olympic Skeet were also shot at BB today - so you can't really compare BB with any other ground...... .."just saying" ;)

So pleased you enjoyed the bacon - the butcher is only 3 miles away, and their pigs are at the farm, much closer - the free range eggs are supplied by Steve Ling - regular shooter at BB:)

Hope your daughter receives an offer from UWE, maybe we'll get to meet you again. Alison & Wesley Hann.

Latest posts

Back