Shooting ground near Bristol?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

I'm taking a daughter to an open day at a university in Bristol tomorrow. Once I've got her there she can do her own thing so I thought I could visit a local shooting ground for a bit of practice. Anyone know what's nearby and open on a Saturday?

Are you going to the buildings in city centre or the UWE on north side? And how long have you really got?

Never been know little (other than a review on here) about the place, but Ladyswood is prob the closest, no Claymate and it's all caddied rounds, not too sure of rates, if UWE and if you've enough time Coleys (up M5 mins off junction 11A, prob 40 mins from UWE) running Claymate, you'd need to show your Certificate though, rate 35p clay.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's UWE but I have to drop her off for transport on the south side of Bristol. Looks like I'm spoilt for choice.

Ladys Wood has a fantastic high tower......think you would love it. 

They have some brilliant testing targets...ask for the extreme stuff and the Woodcock stand is brilliant.

Ask for Chris Hanks...really nice chap.

35p per clay for practice! Is that a rip off or what? I'm amazed they ever have any customers.

Well actually I would say 'great value' for money.....if you want to have good tough targets.

Mind you probably no good for Yarkshire tight arsed wingers

:fie:  I'm afraid Wylye is right (for a chnge) .35p is being ripped orf! £35.00 per 100! :fie:   :fie:

I don't need to shoot them that bad  just because someone says YA  and SOOPAH and puts brown sugar in their coffee, :crazy:

Well actually I would say 'great value' for money.....if you want to have good tough targets.

Mind you probably no good for Yarkshire tight arsed wingers
For me its horses for courses scruffy ground and poor targets then maybe a bit steep but a well kept ground and good testing birds more then happy with that kind of fee especially with a nice clubhouse and good food makes such a difference and a good day out.

Greenfields at Canterbury does just that and always worth a visit if your ever down that way/ :nyam:

:fie: I'm afraid Wylye is right (for a chnge) .35p is being ripped orf! £35.00 per 100! :fie: :fie:

I don't need to shoot them that bad just because someone says YA and SOOPAH and puts brown sugar in their coffee, :crazy:
Value is in the eye of the beholder.....just saying

"Great value for money" what a laugh. What colour is the sky in your world? I would have thought a pie - eater like you would recognise that.

£35 a hundred for self - buttoning practice is hardly good value. Competition prices are not much more and that includes referees, ground staff and the chance to win some prize money for goodness sake. 

On the subject of great practice clays (and apologies for not relevant to the OP); I wanted a few practice shots at Weston wood after the last shoot. They charged me 20p per clay, which was a fantastic way to revisit some problem stands. I assume this is only for re-entry type practice, but a great facility.

"Great value for money" what a laugh. What colour is the sky in your world? I would have thought a pie - eater like you would recognise that.

£35 a hundred for self - buttoning practice is hardly good value. Competition prices are not much more and that includes referees, ground staff and the chance to win some prize money for goodness sake. 
You forgot the guy who tells you where you miss the hard ones....invaluable...!

....Just saying :laugh:

#agoodtimeisintheeyeofthebeholder

The sky is very grey at the moment.

How did you know we have pies for lunch....!

Practice prices, I don't set them I just gave as information, as mentioned by others no ones forced to go there, its a business and that's what they price their product, also there's two other grounds local to this that charge more for "non members practice" and neither have the number of stands as you'd find at Coleys.

Oh don't do sugar

As for the Ya and Soopha brigade can only imagine their friends of yours as the guys I often meet are the working class variety

Latest posts

Back