Sgc copy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it tatooed on a secret place just incase I forget!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifThis is my rifle this is my gun this is for fighting this is for......

GlenPresley said:

I have it tatooed on a secret place just incase I forget!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifThis is my rifle this is my gun this is for fighting this is for......
Good job you have an AYA and not a Bettinsolli !

sorry couldn't resist. I think stamped by a solicitor is a bit OTT, but then again each firearms deaprtment seems to have a differnt spin on things. Glen.

if a quick call to the dept is all thats needed to verify, why do we need to have our photo on the cert?

when you buy cartridges??? Mind you my photo does not look anything like me now! I mean I have lost so much weight I look like a celebrity!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

GlenPresley said:

sorry couldn't resist. I think stamped by a solicitor is a bit OTT, but then again each firearms deaprtment seems to have a differnt spin on things. Glen.
Maybe OTT but it was free as my Mum works there :)

sorry Glen , I meant if you met plod and all he needed was to make a call

JonSkeet said:

GlenPresley said:
Maybe OTT but it was free as my Mum works there
:) Lucky B**tard!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

wylye said:

Firearms licensing work weekends in Wiltshire?
Access to check licence info can be gained 24/7 by any on duty Police officer not just 9 to 5 Mon to Fri. 

Had a conversation yesterday and heard some disturbing news about Armed Response Units handling shotgun and firearms business in the not too distant future. That should get the neighbours talking when they turn up in Torchwood - mobile dressed like Mel Gibson.

GlenPresley said:

To be honest I don't even know where the hell mine is?? Probably in one of my shooting bags somewhere!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif
 Probably in Elvis' shoe that you used for Cartridge storage /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

True that is about as many I would get for nothing from him! About a shoefull!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Don't think keeping copy of SGC. in car is very good idea, if someone steals or just breaks into vehicle even if not at home they would have your address and full details of any shotguns/fireams that you hold. could even be interpreted by the powers that be that you have not taken due care to safeguard said items leading to withdrawl of SGC.  Especialy if someone got hurt due to theft of guns. Don't give them any excuses!!!. 

Don't think keeping copy of SGC. in car is very good idea, if someone steals or just breaks into vehicle even if not at home they would have your address and full details of any shotguns/fireams that you hold. could even be interpreted by the powers that be that you have not taken due care to safeguard said items leading to withdrawl of SGC.  Especialy if someone got hurt due to theft of guns. Don't give them any excuses!!!. Hello Alan and welcome to the site. Agree with you totally. If your cert went missing then yes they could class that as having not taken due care leading to withdrawal :-((It's my personal opinion that I only ever take my certs out of the house if I need to purchase items with which they need to see my certs.

Hi Allen, good to see you on site – thats four on the trap side at least. And Glen dabbles a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you as well Allen........ watch out folks .....us trappies are getting bigger in numbers/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifActually this thread is starting to resemble one of 'those board meetings' where people eventually say what I said hours before!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifGives one a warm feeling/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Hi 40UP, found the site at last!,  See you soon. Poss.Wed.? One point that might be of interest to anyone in staffs, it has just taken FOUR months and several phone calls to get my SGC. renewed.so apply in plenty of time!!!. Sorry Nicola, I do seem to be repeating some of your comments, should have read all the thread!. 

One point that might be of interest to anyone in staffs, it has just taken FOUR months and several phone calls to get my SGC. renewed.so apply in plenty of time!!!. Your not kidding. My wife is still waiting for hers that ran out in December 2011 :-((Been told there are only two firearms officers covering the whole of Staffordshire.

Back