Sgc copy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ithought? when we were out on the pigeons if you don't have your cert.they can take your gun.Not saying they will,  but no cert and they can.In the wrong place cert or no cert your gone,I've talked to loads of security Mps if they want you they got you.But got say all the guys i dealt with were great fun just like us wana play with there guns

I never ever carry mine unless it is going to have work done where I have to leave it ..........or unless i am off abroad. I would probably lose it anyway and then your are in more trouble! Why risk losing something with your address on it anyway.This is all a bit daft and hypothetical really. Never been asked for it 'off pat' in over 25 years.

Same as that but we are dealing with Mrplod.In my little ex.we know more than them,but again i must say no probs. with them.In fact the less they know has helped me out?ie fall out./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

ELVIS said:

I thought? when we were out on the pigeons if you don't have your cert.they can take your gun.///////////////////   Been asked for certificate twice, once while casing a rape field with a friend a copper pulled up and started chatting to us and eventually asked to see them, another time three of us had shared a car to Southdown and while getting guns back into own cars at meeting point we were approached by a pair of policemen who politely asked to see papers. Glad we had originals with us both times, I've always been told copies are invalid although I'd be happier with one than without.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had our guns taken off of us whilst out pigeon shooting, we had left our certs at home and policeman asked to see the certs and when we didnt have them they took the guns to the station and we returned with the certs some time later to collect the guns.  Not sure if the law has changed with regard to seizing guns it was the early 80s

I just spoke to firearms licence dept in my area, you can carry a copy of SGC or FC but if stopped you might be asked to produce the original. The original must be produced to buy ammunition.My understanding of that is, a copy is no good.

Cuppa tea with plod back at mine then /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif because as I said I do not carry mine with me in case I lose it or it got nicked. That alone would cause me more problems that it would be worth.

Last edited:
When I got my 1st secure storage check I specifically asked the inspecting officer this very question. He told me that it wasn't necessary to carry it around because all on duty police have radio comms and they can easily check.That was in 2001. Thus far I only carry it if I know I'll need it for shells etc.Mind you I did have to show him where to find the serial number on a shotgun......

Mind you I did have to show him where to find the serial number on a shotgun......Priceless :))

If they can check to see if your car is MoT, & Insured they should be able to check if you have a SGC .Maxum, You don't need a certificate to buy ammunition.You always have yours given to you. ( Isn't jealousy an awful affliction/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif)

Maxum, You don't need a certificate to buy ammunition.You always have yours given to you. ( Isn't jealousy an awful affliction/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif)Hahahaha not any more :-((I have to buy bullets too you know.

Westward said:

When I got my 1st secure storage check I specifically asked the inspecting officer this very question. He told me that it wasn't necessary to carry it around because all on duty police have radio comms and they can easily check.That was in 2001. Thus far I only carry it if I know I'll need it for shells etc.Mind you I did have to show him where to find the serial number on a shotgun......
Thats spot on as my daughter works in firearms licencing and has confirmed this to be correct. Phil 

Suppliers who send cartridges ask for fax of cert - can't be original then.

wylye said:

Firearms licensing work weekends in Wiltshire?
 Poor sods...../wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gifStill not carrying mine around like a numptie /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifMind you when I am shooting 'a la field' I am not generally dressed like a terrorist/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

To be honest I don't even know where the hell mine is?? Probably in one of my shooting bags somewhere!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

It's true, it could even be here somewhere in Deutschland!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

I normally have the original with me but also have colour copies which were certified as true copies and stamped as such by a solicitor. Some places I have only been asked once for my cert, other places I have gone back having bought a thou a couple of hours earlier then remembered I needed some fibres etc. and get asked by the same person for the cert again.  No problem with that whatsoever :)  Jon.

Back