Remember these?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Holmes

Having a bit of a clear out and found this.

1985 date code. Was it really that long ago.

If I keep digging , I may even find a mother board to plug it into.

Add 8mb of RAM and I'll have a Linux Super computer  :crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:

post-1839-0-80133500-1392659971.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
I can still remember loading the OS every time I turned the machine on and opting for the BIG 256K ram when I bought the thing.

I don't even know what it is but then again I was computer illiterate until 15yrs ago when I was forced to learn as my daughter started school and needed one. Still not fully literate just keep hitting buttons until something happens :)

Me neither cos they never work properly, also have you noticed that at work the paperless system never happened, I seem to have more hard copys now than ever before everything in triplicate and every begger cc'd into every email for good measure, whats all that about ?

No interweb then either. You had to dial into a BB
Ah BB's ,  A good old Hayes 1200/75 modem ....

Ran up my biggest ever phone bill in the 80's  £440 for one quarter  24hrs online BB to Germany . 

Mart

A good old Hayes 1200/75 modem

That'll be 0.012 megabits per second

When we first went electronic we had 642 bytes to write a payroll program in. And were glad of it.

Things were simpler then.... just ascii text.   

I was working on x.25 packet networks... 

When we first went electronic we had 642 bytes to write a payroll program in. And were glad of it.
Before that we had to punch holes in mylar tape. Dad would come home from milking and wipe the floor with us.

Latest posts

Back