Question To The Site Owner

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

Matt,

What is your opinion on outside resources coming in and taking quotes from our posts on here?

This is a members only site and I guess somehow quotes we make on here get outside and used in the Shooting Media.

I for one will have to be a little more careful when commenting on related subjects. I thought the site was for us as members.

Regards,

Glen.

Glen - has it happened? if so, please point me to that.

In principle - I'm relaxed about it, this is a members only site - and guests cannot read beyond the topic title - but it's also the internet, and content should be free and open, unless it is private. And Marked as so.

Some of our forums are not even visible to guests at the TOP level (Game Shooting for instance) so are 100% secure.

I know that Clay Shooting magazine used to trawl the old site for content - I'm not sure if they have a member here, although I know there are no obvious email addresses. If they do - I'd love them to come forward so that we understand.

Matt

Well in february quotes we used on here were used in the shooting magazines with our names beside.

I would have thought some sort of request should be made for somebody to use my quotes.

Glen.

Sure it was off here and not the clay shooting page on fb? Just a thought :)

I'm going to be checking tonight... I've connected with Glen offline.

Back