Pure gold chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

I'm looking to add i little extra weight to the end of a gun, iv heard pure gold chokes are heavier than most, a choke is a choke to me don't care who makes them or what they claim as long as there finished reasonably well and pattern ok, has anyone any experience with pure gold chokes, the one thing putting me off is the length they protrude from the barrel but that's going to hopefully put the weight where I want it, opinions please

I use a pair of pure gold cylinder chokes for skeet. add about 2 inches on the end of the gun and stop me swinging through targets. perfect for me.

Having the same issue myself, need to get some weight onto the muzzle of the gun. I would imagine Muller would be out of the question as they are a lighter choke. Be interested to see the difference in the balance with 2 pure gold chokes fitted. Irish Gunner what gun are you shooting out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a DT11 been very unlucky with them I'm on my 3rd one, first 2 barrel heavy and that's how I like a gun to feel, this one is right on the hinge pin and there is very little lead in the stock to remove, my thinking was heavier chokes would be the simplest solution, if I can pick up some pure gold chokes I'll let you know if it worked

I did state above very little lead in the stock, when they replaced this gun they put my wood on the new gun, I'm not drilling out a stock if a change of chokes will give me what I want

All the 11s have lead in the stocks, first gun had quite a large plug, this one the wood must be heavier cause tiny lead plug and would gain nothing by removing and its stamped pb the beretta logo, I'd sooner leave it there cause not everyone likes barrel heavy, I'd say to get enough weight from the stock I'd have to drill some wood out I don't want to do that

Why not blue tak some weight under the the barrel at the muzzle to see how much you need from a balance point of view.

Prob could not try it shooting as would fall off but would give an indication.

If wood is dense might not take a lot of drilling. All stockers do it.

Thanks rosso I did something similar by packing the bottom choke and about 2oz makes a world of difference, but I don't know how much pure gold chokes weigh, I know 2oz sounds like nothing but I can feel it and it moves balance point half inch forward

Back